Rehoboth PD has a humvee?!?

886086f0b963ac44517275a7c525145a.jpg

Eating lunch at 99's in Fairhaven and see this?

Seriously, are the cows gettin restless out there?

You guys do realze that is a non uparmored "turtle back" hmmwv right? They probably got it from a DRMO (Defense reutilization management organization) auction. They go dirt cheap to other government agencies. And a HMMWV like that is the biggest POS you could ever ride in......trust me ......I have many but hurt miles in those frigging things......the "cool factor" wears off real ****ing quick. Now....as to why the PDs want em.........I have no idea but they really serve no tactical purpose in that configuration.

[hmmm] /sarc

MSP has one like this with the camo repainted in the MSP Blue/grey colors.

Non-up-armored ones are supposed to be released to the civilian population in the next few months on govplanet.

Any more details on that? I thought they had to be shredded if sold to civilians?

You guys do realze that is a non uparmored "turtle back" hmmwv right? They probably got it from a DRMO (Defense reutilization management organization) auction. They go dirt cheap to other government agencies. And a HMMWV like that is the biggest POS you could ever ride in......trust me ......I have many but hurt miles in those frigging things......the "cool factor" wears off real ****ing quick. Now....as to why the PDs want em.........I have no idea but they really serve no tactical purpose in that configuration.

Doesn't matter, why should they get them and we can't? Remove the bullshit "de-mil only" stipulations on HMMWV auctions and sell them to the general public.

Any more details on that? I thought they had to be shredded if sold to civilians?

Doesn't matter, why should they get them and we can't? Remove the bullshit "de-mil only" stipulations on HMMWV auctions and sell them to the general public.
Civilians can also get them...... "Demil" only means the equipment has been inspected to ensure any classified material has been removed, or that it cannot be used as a weapon. It is simply a memorandum from a military technical inspector of that fact and each piece of military equipement has demil instructions and procedures to go through before it can be released to auction or display.

Last edited:
It's for the mutual support pact with Dewey Beach, in case the Bottle and Cork gets out of hand.

{I didn't know there was a Rehoboth Massachusetts; I spent a lot of summertime in Rehoboth Delaware...}

Last edited:
I was told they can't sell to civilians because they wont pass emissions?

Civilians can also get them...... "Demil" only means the equipment has been inspected to ensure any classified material has been removed, or that it cannot be used as a weapon. It is simply a memorandum from a military technical inspector of that fact and each piece of military equipement has demil instructions and procedures to go through before it can be released to auction or display.

I was told they can't sell to civilians because they wont pass emissions?

I've seen plenty of HMMWVs leave a DRMO on flatbeds going to civilian agencies and even private sale.....never heard anything about emissions being an issue......the engine on a HMMWV is just a 6.2 diesel made by gm and used in all the civilian c/k gm trucks in the 80's and 90s. Newer models of HMMWV have a 6.5 liter turbo but the old shit cans they are getting rid of all have the older 6.2 gm diesel......which you could operate with no problem if you owned an 80s or early 90s gmc truck with that motor in it.

Guys......bear in mind I'm not a proponent of civilian PDs haveing mraps........I am a proponent of facts. Just letting you know that the HMMWV pictured has absolutely no more tactical advantage than a jeep. Its fiberglass......there is no need to "fear the beast". It just seems like people see HMMWV and immediately think it is some badass tactical machine. The older ones are not up armored.....and other than a pretty good off road capability they are uncomfortable........slow as ****.......have the turning radius of USS Ronald Reagan......are loud......leak like a sive in the rain...........and have absolutely no side or rear visability in traffic. Can't you tell how much I like HMMWVs!

Last edited:
Whoa... this is confusing/surprising. Of all of Massachusetts, the city/town that has received the most military surplus is....Rehoboth?!? Since 2012 they have received $865,247 in surplus military equipment. A big city like Lowell? $3,450

source:
http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/EFOIA-Privacy/Pages/ereadingroom.aspx#1033

- - - Updated - - -

BTW rehoboth has 10,000 residents, and has had 3 murders in the past 15 years.

Whoa... this is confusing/surprising. Of all of Massachusetts, the city/town that has received the most military surplus is....Rehoboth?!? Since 2012 they have received $865,247 in surplus military equipment. A big city like Lowell? $3,450

source:
http://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/EFOIA-Privacy/Pages/ereadingroom.aspx#1033

- - - Updated - - -

BTW rehoboth has 10,000 residents, and has had 3 murders in the past 15 years.

FYI the town does not "get" the DRMO equipment they have to request it themselves. Seems for some reason Rehoboth is big into DRMO auctions and Lowell is not.

It was 'free'. Why wouldn't they. [hmmm] /sarc

MSP has one like this with the camo repainted in the MSP Blue/grey colors.

Non-up-armored ones are supposed to be released to the civilian population in the next few months on govplanet.View attachment 121925

Didn't dear leader classify these(and pretty much any military vehicle) a weapon of war meaning we peons aren't allowed to buy any longer? I remember looking at old military trucks on http://www.govliquidation.com/ and the requirement was they had to be chopped up(rendered un-drivable) before being able to take possession of them.

Last edited:
I have no problem with unarmored mil vehicles going to PDs on the cheap. For image reasons I would prefer they not use them publicly with any degree of regularity... but otherwise.... meh. UMass was given one they use to access campus property through unimproved roads.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I have no problem with unarmored mil vehicles going to PDs on the cheap. For image reasons I would prefer they not use them publicly with any degree of regularity... but otherwise.... meh. UMass was given one they use to access campus property through unimproved roads.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

the reality is that there is nothing "cheap", at least not directly. As the other article says, some of these MRAPs take 250k-600k of parts and labor to make them fit and ready for shipping back, and shipping is a pretty large cost too.

So who pays for these "free" MRAPS service and shipping cost? US taxpayers. Military contractors and vehicle manufacturers get a sweet deal servicing them and making parts, while taxpayers get shaft as usual.

Back
Top Bottom