Registration rules for buying in NH

I have recently purchased a rifle In NH buy a dealer that is pre 94 ban. Am I required by law to register it?

Yes. Any gun made after 1899 is a gun and must be registered in MA.
Thank you for your quick response. I had looked online but all the sources I originally found stated that it wasn’t required. I eventually found section 128B which seems to confirm one has 7 days.

Thank you for your quick response. I had looked online but all the sources I originally found stated that it wasn’t required. I eventually found section 128B which seems to confirm one has 7 days.
Correct. Within 7 days, do the form, leave seller information blank.

If said rifle is an AR or AK pattern you might have an issue with Maura.
He said it was pre 94 ban so Maura doesn’t care about those. He can register it without worry. Fully legal.

It would also be legal to leave the upper in NH and bring the lower home, and not register it until it’s capable of firing a shot.

He said it was pre 94 ban so Maura doesn’t care about those. He can register it without worry. Fully legal.
On ef-10 form, there is no place to put whether a rifle is pre-ban or not. Considering how outdated the website is, I doubt the computer is capable of verifying the serial numbers for eligibility. Find a document indicating that the serial number is indeed pre-ban, print it, and save it in your paper folder for all gun papers/receipts/etc.

Sure, that’s good for protection just in case, but it’s not required. There might not even be any documentation on the serial number, though you can call the manufacturer and ask sometimes. The number of times someone has been questioned over the preban status of an FA-10 entry is probably zero. It could happen in the future, sure.

On ef-10 form, there is no place to put whether a rifle is pre-ban or not. Considering how outdated the website is, I doubt the computer is capable of verifying the serial numbers for eligibility. Find a document indicating that the serial number is indeed pre-ban, print it, and save it in your paper folder for all gun papers/receipts/etc.
Even if it's post-94 it's still legal, as long as it complies with the AWB.

Back
Top Bottom