Registration Open: 2012 New England Regional IDPA Championship

Registration opens today, May 1st, for the 2012 New England Regional IDPA Championship, hosted by the Metro West Tactical IDPA Group. This match fills fast so don't delay your registration!

Match fee is $95.00 and includes twelve stages, including 2 no/low light stages, to be held at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club on either Saturday, August 18 or Sunday August 19. All 12 stages will be shot on one day, you pick what day you want to shoot on and self-sqaud using the registration site: http://matchreg.com/ner/

This is an IDPA sanctioned match.

Please visit our website at www.metrowesttactical.com for further details.

Registration opens today, May 1st, for the 2012 New England Regional IDPA Championship, hosted by the Metro West Tactical IDPA Group. This match fills fast so don't delay your registration!

Match fee is $95.00 and includes twelve stages, including 2 no/low light stages, to be held at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club on either Saturday, August 18 or Sunday August 19. All 12 stages will be shot on one day, you pick what day you want to shoot on and self-sqaud using the registration site: http://matchreg.com/ner/

This is an IDPA sanctioned match.

Please visit our website at www.metrowesttactical.com for further details.

only about 28 slots left

Damn- it's looking like some good battles across all the semi auto divisions for sure. Lots of great shooters in all the divisions. Too bad things are so light in revo. CDP looks like it's got a few more shooters than the year's past.

Match is full... If you are still interested in shooting I would send Mike Critser an email and be put on the waiting list in case of cancellations.

Those that signed up be sure to mail your payment to Mike Critser soon so you don't lose your slot.

You can get Mike's email address on the registration page www.matchreg.com/ner

Last edited:
Looks like the New England Regional IDPA Championship, and Metro West Tactical, is getting some press coverage. Click here for a link to the official IDPA blog, which is in the process of posting a stage-by-stage preview of the match.

this is my first official sanctioned IDPA match. Any tips/advice I should know about that is different than club level matches?

this is my first official sanctioned IDPA match. Any tips/advice I should know about that is different than club level matches?

Be prepared to have your ammo chronographed at any sanctioned match - you won't see this at club matches. Also, to be fair to all competitors the SOs should just be reading the stage briefing, pointing out the location of threat and non- threat targets, and activating any moving targets.

No extra advice or coaching should be given at a sanctioned match. Usually at club matches SOs will go out of their way to explain rules - at a sanctioned match you are expected to know them. So reviewing the rulebook and the 2010 rules addendum would be useful. Making a mistake at a sanctioned match can cost you penalties that can effect match bumps and trophies, so IMO it's unfair for SOs to give "help" to some shooters or squads and not others. Sticking to the written briefing and demonstrating movers, pointing out non-threat targets, etc should be exactly the same for all squads.

In this same area (rules) make sure all of your gear (firearm, ammo carriers, ammo pouches, vest, holster etc) comply with IDPA rules.

Generally, a sanctioned match is longer than the typical club match (NER this year is 12 stages) and clubs will put their best efforts towards making stages challenging, safe and most of all fun! Remember to be safe, be loose and have fun - this will make your sanctioned match experiences worthwhile.

In addition to what John suggested:

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't let a bad stage ruin your day, brush it off and go to the next one with a clear head. It's going to be a long, and likely hot day, drink plenty of water. Come to the line prepared, tape targets, thank the SO's and support the sponsors that help make the match possible.

The SO's are embedded to the stage, they really appreciate shooters that put brass in the SO brass bucket :)

If you are shooting to be competitive and for score. Shoot your own game!!

You should not care what others times were, how they shot it. You know your limits shoot to your ability this is not the time to PUSH the limits, once you have a plan STICK to it!!!! Its a long race 12 stages... Lots of points down or PE add up..

Then keep the match moving, tape/brass/be ready when you come to the line.

See you this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom