• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registration of high capacity confiscation is coming to Connecticut . 50,000 mags!!!

They dont NEED to make a distinction.

If you responded to the original request for declaration you're on a list that is as good as a "high capacity mag registration"

If you responded then you're the low hanging fruit....

So run me a through a scenario on what they would do to this "low hanging fruit".

Seriously. All they could do is send you a letter telling you to dispose of them. Or are you suggesting they would/could do more??

So run me a through a scenario on what they would do to this "low hanging fruit".

Seriously. All they could do is send you a letter telling you to dispose of them. Or are you suggesting they would/could do more??

Confiscation isn't the next step, but who knows what is. I guess they could make you sign a statement that you don't have any when your license comes up for renewal, but that's just one more felony on the pile for if you get pinched somehow. It's the same old game: They don't need to confiscate, they just have to make the threat of punishment sufficiently unappealing that they weed out most and wait out the rest.

Communist/Statist eventually always get around to using the force of government to compel/eliminate their opponents......ask the 100 million dead russians/germans/chinese etc they killed in the last century

If you previously confessed to having "bad killy things" in your possession then you are already on their short list.....its just a matter of time before they decide what their FIRST step is going to be..

First step might just be a harsh words in a letter threatening you to comply with whatever statist demand they cook up

You can count on the fact that they WILL eventually get around to making examples of one or more people ON THEIR LIST..........

If you're not on their list and there's no record of you owning "bad killy things" then.......

as in case with Oregon standoff, .gov collectively backed down, then picked them up few years later. Unlike citizens, .gov has unlimited resources and time. They are also well aware that open, large scale confrontation would not bode well, so they go in 1000:1 overwhelming force when timing is right, and make damn sure that they come down hard and protect their executioners.

Sadly the only response to lawless/statist/criminal actions is more of the same.

Now if only MORE folks would do the easy things like showing up for hearings/walking door to door to elect good people so we keep statists out of office........

It's not easy, read Plato ... tyrants will make populous poorer and busier than ever, trying to survive and keep up. People don't have free time.

When you visit Mora Hitleay town halls, 95% of them are retirees, with shitload of time, many living off old-fashioned pensions (remember those?) Old people love to **** over younger generation. With selfish baby boomers aging more, they will try to steal more and Ds are there to help.

Wow.

Lots of misinformation here.

There was no registration. There was a "declaration". You sent in a form that said you had X number of Y mags.

That was it. There are no serial numbers on mags.

SO WORRYING ABOUT THIS IS UTTER, TOTAL IDIOCY.

Lets look at it two ways if they pass a law prohibiting all possession.

1) you didn't declare any mags. nothing happens. You are a felon if you keep them. You are not if you get rid of them.

2) you did declare mags - DESPP sends you a letter telling you that you are a felon if you keep them. You are a felon if you keep them. You are not if you get rid of them.

Get it??? No difference.

In both cases, they can't enter your home unless they have RAS that you have illegal possession.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they will send you a letter telling you that you need to get rid of them.
1) turn them in
2) sell them out of state
3) destroy them.

Again, no registration, no serial nubmers. Worrying about this is pure foolishness.

Sorry to burst your bubble, But your totally wrong buddy...
What ever you declared it had to be notarized by a a public notary seal and go to middletown and register with the state.
Also if you did a private sale of a semi-automatic AR15 you had to show proof of the private sale notarized and send it to the middletown office, there they register it as your own.
The registration forms of the AR-15 that the sate send you are notarized with your fingerprint..

The Mags are declared to the state and notarized with your fingerprints. There are no serial numbers that is true , you can request a letter stating that they know you have high capacity mags if you get stopped by police and you have them in your possession so you have proof you register them but once the MAG confiscation is in effect you will have to turn them in either to an FFL or the police.
If you can find what you just said here:

"No, they will send you a letter telling you that you need to get rid of them.
1) turn them in
2) sell them out of state
3) destroy them.

Again, no registration, no serial nubmers. Worrying about this is pure foolishness."

IN PAPER, WHERE IS THAT GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT WHERE IT STATES WHAT YOU SAID. I would like to see it.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

So what if your declaration had to be notarized by a notary. All the notary is attesting to is that you are who you say you are. They aren't counting magazined.

Where on gods earth did you ever get the idea you need to get something notarized to sell an AR15?

There are two choices when selling an AR15 now.

1) its a post 1994 / pre 2013 ban gun that has been registered 1) if you are selling it out of state, no paperwork is required, although you would be pretty dumb if you didn't get any from the receiving FFL. 2) you are selling in-state to a FFL -in which case the FFL will go through the DPS-3 process and get an approval number from the nice ladies in Middletown.

2) its a pre 94 gun - in which case you DPS-3 it and get an approval number.

Prior to 2013 and PA 13-3, long gun sales, which 99.9% of all AR sales were because they were CT compliant, not registered named 945 guns, required NO record keeping. A secondary sale (not between licensees) was cash and carry assuming the buyer had a CT PP.

A DPS-3 and approval number weren't required for long guns until PA13-3 was in effect.

You state "once the mag confiscation is in effect you will have to turn them into either an FFL or the police". - So how is that different than if you haven't declared them?

The powers that be don't know you have them even if you declared them. You could have lost them. You could have sold them out of state. You cold simply be storing them out of state.

All they can do is tell you that if you violate the new confiscation law, you will be breaking the law. Which would be the same if you didn't declare them.

Are you suggesting that if you declared them and then they are outlawed, the cops would come into your home if you didn't provide a full accounting for them. Like a receipt from a FFL saying you sold them X number of magazines?? Is that what you are saying?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

So what if your declaration had to be notarized by a notary. All the notary is attesting to is that you are who you say you are. They aren't counting magazined.

Where on gods earth did you ever get the idea you need to get something notarized to sell an AR15?

There are two choices when selling an AR15 now.

1) its a post 1994 / pre 2013 ban gun that has been registered 1) if you are selling it out of state, no paperwork is required, although you would be pretty dumb if you didn't get any from the receiving FFL. 2) you are selling in-state to a FFL -in which case the FFL will go through the DPS-3 process and get an approval number from the nice ladies in Middletown.

2) its a pre 94 gun - in which case you DPS-3 it and get an approval number.

Prior to 2013 and PA 13-3, long gun sales, which 99.9% of all AR sales were because they were CT compliant, not registered named 945 guns, required NO record keeping. A secondary sale (not between licensees) was cash and carry assuming the buyer had a CT PP.

A DPS-3 and approval number weren't required for long guns until PA13-3 was in effect.

You state "once the mag confiscation is in effect you will have to turn them into either an FFL or the police". - So how is that different than if you haven't declared them?

The powers that be don't know you have them even if you declared them. You could have lost them. You could have sold them out of state. You cold simply be storing them out of state.

All they can do is tell you that if you violate the new confiscation law, you will be breaking the law. Which would be the same if you didn't declare them.

Are you suggesting that if you declared them and then they are outlawed, the cops would come into your home if you didn't provide a full accounting for them. Like a receipt from a FFL saying you sold them X number of magazines?? Is that what you are saying?

On top of that mags are not serialized. I remember there was talk of people "registering" hundreds of mags even though they only had a few thus leaving them room if they felt like buying more. They could just say they had them all along, and nobody could prove otherwise unless they did something dumb.

On top of that mags are not serialized. I remember there was talk of people "registering" hundreds of mags even though they only had a few thus leaving them room if they felt like buying more. They could just say they had them all along, and nobody could prove otherwise unless they did something dumb.

Yes, I was suggesting that if people understood the risks fully, they do exactly that.

Here are the scenarios.

1) you don't buy the additional mags and your declaration exceeds what you actually have. So what. You sold them, destroyed them, stored them out of state.
2) You buy additional (careful they aren't date stamped. note - some new AR15 mags are date stamped on the INSIDE) mags after the fact in a non stupid way. (with a CC over the internet would be stupid. With cash at a gun show in RI would not). Nobody knows any better.

One final thing. As recently as 5 years ago, most of the gun websites I frequent had a policy that you couldn't give advice to help others circumvent the law. Although I didn't agree with it, I of course complied because whoever provides the forum sets the rules.

In the aftermath of Sandy Hook, I began having discussions with others about the advisability of providing advice on how people could avoid unethical and in some cases unconstitutional laws. There is nothing illegal about doing this. If I do provide this info, I stress what aspects are legal and what aren't.

I'm old enough and have enough means to pretty much buy my way around almost any gun control law I encounter in CT or MA. There are always LEGAL ways around these laws. You just need to throw money at the problem. For me, as someone in the middle of his life, with young children, civil disobedience is not worth the risk. So I make sure I am 100% legal. Always.

But for others, it might be a reasonable risk. For those people, they should know the risks. Ask lots of questions. If someone references a law, ask for a citation. Don't be stupid. Its all about realistically assessing your risk tolerance and behaving accordingly. My risk tolerance, with young children is ZERO. But who knows. When they are grown and out of the house, that may change.

Don

p.s. My attitude re the CT AWB was exactly the opposite of what many gun rights people advocated. I wanted to drown them in their own 5h1t. The way the law reads, a pistol grip or a magazine release could be interpreted to be an assault weapon. I sent in close to 100 AW registrations for every pistol grip, mag release, gas tube, bolt carrier group and telescoping stock I owned in addition to registrations for every handgun I owned because some day I might want to put a threaded barrel on it and since they were all purchased legally, the state already had DPS-3 information on the firearm.

One of the beautiful things about registering pistol grips is that they didn't have serial numbers. In some cases that required a couple of back and forth by mail to sort out. Wasting more of their time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom