• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registration from out of state

Hi everybody!! Just have a question on registration of a firearm from out of state. A friend of mine just moved here from Florida. He brought a 12 gauge shotgun with him and wants to get rid of it because he's not licensed and has no want for a license, so he wants to give it to me. When he moved into the house in Florida the gun came with the house so it was never actually registered to him and he never had any form of firearm license down there. I'm wondering how I go about registering this gun here in MA? I looked into the E-FA-10 form and one of the first things I need to fill out is the owner/sellers license and PIN #, which isn't available to me because of him never being licensed. Any information on how I can register this is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you

Yup, YOU (assuming you have the proper license) take possession of the gun and bring the owner with you to an FFL and do a nice legal transfer. The FFL will do all the paperwork.

This is the only legal way to do this. MA does NOT allow transfers from unlicensed people except an administrator handling the will after someone dies and leaves the gun to a third party.

Don't worry about the registration. He needs to go with you to an FFL and he needs to get it transferred to you. You can't use an FA-10 in this transfer because he is unlicensed.

-Mike

Awesome!!! What kind of information will the FFL need from him? How much does it cost to have the FFL do the transfer?

Back
Top Bottom