Registering Your Build

I finally got my YHM 7.62x39 AR back from the gunsmith and need to register it. Might be dumb questions, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I went to the Massachusetts MIRCS website and chose "registration" since it seemed like the best fit for this situation. A couple screens in it asked for "seller" information. Since I have no seller information do I simply leave these section blank and move on?

Thanks.

Yes, leave it blank.

ETA: I never did this on Efa10. But this was the procedure for the paper copy so I would do the same.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies. It's all set and registered. Now to update my build thread with pics!

Thanks again.

So let's kick the bees nest and ask, "What happens if you don't register your home built AR in MA?" - is there any way for anyone to figure this out? I assume there must be - why else would anyone bother. Just asking because I'm curious to know how this system works. Compliance with the law is always the way to go.

So let's kick the bees nest and ask, "What happens if you don't register your home built AR in MA?" - is there any way for anyone to figure this out? I assume there must be - why else would anyone bother. Just asking because I'm curious to know how this system works. Compliance with the law is always the way to go.

I guess the same would go for anyone who moves into MASS from a free state and has firearms?

Absolutely nothing happens. If you forget and 6 years have elapsed since you built the gun, and you can document that somehow, don't even bother registering it, because the statute of limitations has expired. [laugh]

-Mike

I guess I don't understand how they expect the law to be followed if enforcement isn't feasible. Presuming one were to be pulled over en route to the range - so long as the firearm had a serial number and you are authorized to carry the firearm, it seems unlikely, if even possible, the authorities would pull up a registry of firearms.

I guess I don't understand how they expect the law to be followed if enforcement isn't feasible. Presuming one were to be pulled over en route to the range - so long as the firearm had a serial number and you are authorized to carry the firearm, it seems unlikely, if even possible, the authorities would pull up a registry of firearms.

As with most of our gun laws, the only way they would ever be enforced is if you were in some sort of trouble involving a search warrant, and the authorities are going through your crap with a fine tooth comb. This is the only way that anyone would discover, for example, a 922r compliance problem, a non-pinned muzzle brake, a post ban magazine, etc...

If you are pulled over on the way to the range, you should not be letting anyone search your car and scrutinize your firearms.

Back
Top Bottom