• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

register C & R purchase?

I have a C & R license and I just bought a Yugo M57 Tokarev pistol from a company in another state. The FA-10 form asks for my LTC number. But there's no place for entering my C & R license number. Do I only enter the LTC number?

Last edited:
All acquisitions need to be reported on an FA-10, including rifles and shotguns. C&R status or licensing has nothing to do with it.

For a C&R registration, first check off "registration" on the very top left of the form.

Leave the top section (Seller Information) blank, unless it's a FTF transaction from another MA resident. In any case do not put in your - or their - C&R license numbers. Just the FID/LTC number of the seller. Again, this is only if you're buying your C&R from another private MA resident face-to-face.

Fill in the gun info in the middle section (Weapon Information).

Fill in your personal information in the bottom section (Buyer/Purchaser Information). Again, only provide your FID/LTC number, your C&R license number is not relevant on an FA-10.

Thanks Ontheroad, that was really helpful. I think I have it clear now. This is my first C & R purchase. [grin]

Yes, I'm already wondering what C & R gun to get next! I got the Yugo M57 yesterday and I won't be able to shoot it until this weekend. I filled out the FA-10 and I'll mail it tomorrow. Thanks!

All acquisitions need to be reported on an FA-10, including rifles and shotguns. C&R status or licensing has nothing to do with it.

For a C&R registration, first check off "registration" on the very top left of the form.

Leave the top section (Seller Information) blank, unless it's a FTF transaction from another MA resident. In any case do not put in your - or their - C&R license numbers. Just the FID/LTC number of the seller. Again, this is only if you're buying your C&R from another private MA resident face-to-face.

Fill in the gun info in the middle section (Weapon Information).

Fill in your personal information in the bottom section (Buyer/Purchaser Information). Again, only provide your FID/LTC number, your C&R license number is not relevant on an FA-10.

Good info, just a minor correction...

If your buying from, or selling to, another MA resident, it is the seller's responsibility to submit the FA-10 (unless selling to a FFL, then no FA-10 is required).

It is only the buyer's responsibility if buying firearms from out of state, in which case a FA-10 must be submitted within 7 days of the firearm entering MA.

Are we required to register a cmp gun shipped to our home?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom