• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Register Antique gun?

Ok from what I know and what I am being told is seeming to be conflicting information, so I wanted to check with you guys. I am getting a rifle passed down to me that has been in my family for a long time, it was originally my great grandfathers, and with my research I have done it is about 103 years old. Anyways, are the rules for antiques any different than modern guns? Basically I am being told that due to the nature of it I do not need to register it. I just want to make sure I follow the proper rules.

Thanks all.

IANAL, but I do not believe you need anything for an antique firearm manufactured prior to 1899. 2010-103 =/ 1899, so I think you may need an LTC or FID and to register it.

If I am mistaken, its an honest mistake - no intention to mislead. Someone will correct me swiftly, probably with a tag line of "this has been discussed dozens of times," "use the search bar" etc etc. Good luck.

If you're in Mass and the gun was made after 1899, then you'll have to transfer it through an FFL or you can do it face-to-face on an FA-10 if both parties are licensed.

Back
Top Bottom