Refinishing what to use? dura coat type or packerize

Which gun finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mac1911

NES Member
OK, I got my first C&R purchase.....CZ82. All though it looks crapy on the out side, inside is clean and looks lightly used. Good thing Is I hear the finish on these was not so good from the start. Any way, looking into it I found 3 sources with a good amount of info

Dura-coat, heat cure

Gun Kote- spray can, heat cure

Brownells Teflon/moly coat, heat cure
Molly-Resin, john morell arms(sp?) heat cure

The ease of the spray can, has an edge

The others are 2 part , needing the purchase of a paint gun of some sort and possible small compressor or canned air. Moister in the compressed air has me a bit worried. The canned air is dry but seems like a waste.

So I ask what to do, or any other products out there? HOW about the home packerize kits?

Last edited:
Before you refinish the 82, take a good look on how to take it apart and put back together, it is not easy.

I have stripped it down as far as probeing the trigger/sear/hammer group. I have had the slide completely apart. and the magrelease apart trying to smooth that up a little. If I can redo just the slide a trigger guard for now and work on the rest later.

Would there be a issue of pakerizeing the reciever assembled?

I have stripped it down as far as probeing the trigger/sear/hammer group. I have had the slide completely apart. and the magrelease apart trying to smooth that up a little. If I can redo just the slide a trigger guard for now and work on the rest later.

Would there be a issue of pakerizeing the reciever assembled?

The frame must be completely stripped prior to refinishing. Parkerizing is a complex procedure that is best left to the pros.

To parkerize you need to fully strip the item, degrease it. (Very important) and then media
blast it (I usually use aluminum oxide) If you can't fully strip the receiver and slide them don't refinish it at all. (it will not look as good as it would otherwise. and not last)

I used Dura-coat to refinish my Warthog.Stripped it down with Alumn Oxide. Then degreased and sprayed.Very easy to do,but the key is the prep work.

MediaCardBlackBerrypicturesIMG00186.jpg

DSC03494_edited.jpg

Back
Top Bottom