Refinished Slabside AR15

I bought the upper off of Arfcom a few months ago......the lower reciever is a CMT mfg, Century marked type. This is the Lauer "Phosphate" bake-one laquer I applied in my kitchen (of all places)....Jon

003_22A.jpg

Wow, thats impressive. I like the retro look, no forward assist, no spent casing deflector. Just needs a three pronged flash suppressor and you'll be all set!

I had a conversation with the weaselman about putting an AR together a while ago, some day. I seem to be consumed with AK variants lately

Rooster said:
Wow, thats impressive. I like the retro look, no forward assist, no spent casing deflector. Just needs a three pronged flash suppressor and you'll be all set!

I had a conversation with the weaselman about putting an AR together a while ago, some day. I seem to be consumed with AK variants lately

Thanks its an early Colt upper reciever w/ barrel that I mounted on a Century Arms ( CMT mfg) lower......I purchases the preA1 style upper from a guy on AR15.com who had a ton of the uppers - I have since refininished it with Lauer Phosphate Bake-On Laquer as you can see in the picture. The A1 style flash hider was already on these particular type Colt upper reciever assemblys - the guy selling them had a few with three prong flash hiders but the barrels were not chrome lined. I prefer a chrome lined barrel so I went with this one.......Overall I have MAYBE $500 invested in this gun and its one hell of a shooter.

Here is a picture of what it previously looked like (before being refinished) .......
007_17A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom