Redundancy Risk - Ruger 10/22 Considered high-cap ?

And I found a bunch of NES threads talking about how a 10/22 could be purchased with an FID but not every FFL was cool with that. They all went on to explain why, the short explanation "10/22 is not high cap" ... and maybe there was something else to it.
I explain that above. It pertains to definitions provided in 501 CMR 7.02.

I dunno, I guess I just don't trust cops as much as some others here might [laugh]
"Are you carrying any firearms?" - "I do not answer questions."
"What's in the trunk?" - "I do not answer questions."
"May I search the vehicle?" - "I do not consent."
"Where are you coming from/heading to?" - "Am I free to leave?"
"Here is you ticket. If you wish to contest it you must do so within 20 days and your court date will be scheduled." - "Is this a court of Admiralty Law?" just joking, don't say that. [smile]

Okay

I just can't imagine that if someone (without a nonresident LTC) were to get pulled over and searched here in MA and they found you were carrying a gun or had guns in the car, you would be let on your way after telling them about Massachusetts general law Chapter 140, §129C [laugh]
But maybe you would?

Whereas on the flip side if they had a nonresident LTC they can show that to the cop and more than likely be on their way??

I dunno, I guess I just don't trust cops as much as some others here might [laugh]
aka "Massprudence"

aka "Massprudence"
This is why you should NEVER have ANY ltc visible when you open your wallet to retrieve your driving license. I know of a hassle when a cop in updated NY recognized a CT carry permit in a wallet but did not recognize the significance of NY penal code 265.20-13(b). It only ended smoothly because one passenger in the car had badge immunity.

"Are you carrying any firearms?" - "I do not answer questions."
"What's in the trunk?" - "I do not answer questions."
"May I search the vehicle?" - "I do not consent."
"Where are you coming from/heading to?" - "Am I free to leave?"
"Here is you ticket. If you wish to contest it you must do so within 20 days and your court date will be scheduled." - "Is this a court of Admiralty Law?" just joking, don't say that. [smile]
What you suggest is correct but my answer would be that on advice of counsel, I do not answer LE questions without legal representation. When I was a much younger man, I got stopped for a few minor traffic offenses here in MA. Never once was I asked about weapons, drugs, alcohol in the vehicle, a consent to search vehicle, etc. I kept my mouth shut, feigned ignorance, apologized and usually got away with a verbal or written warning. Got 3 citations in my entire life so far. Beat one in court and pleaded down two others to a small fraction of what the original tab was. People should just calm down, don't act suspiciously, make sure car is properly registered and inspected and obey basic traffic laws. Likelihood of being stopped and searched under those circumstances are EXTREMELY small. Some people just worry too much. Not good. Can cause a heart attack.

Back
Top Bottom