• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reduction Time

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
update:
I have sold 11 items and have decided to sell the remainder through the Rock Island Armory auction house. Folks can go to their web site and bid . The Mausers and Mosins will be selling as lots and the pistols and the 1903, 1903a3 , P38's and the 1911 will be listed individually. There are no fees to sign up and bid on the site . It is for me the easiest and I feel the fairest way for everyone to have a chance to bid on item(s) that they have expressed interest in. Thanks to all for your messages and posts wishing me well.

My fellow collectors especially my long time NES fellow collectors.

I am going to be relocating to Arizona within the next 24 months and want to sell off some of my collection. I am only going to sell to paid members of NES, no dealers please and most importantly folks on this section of the forum will get priority . A donation of $20 will be made by the buyer to Commonwealth 2A for each item purchased . I also will offer a 12 month payment plan. I hold the firearm of course and I reserve the right to refuse this option.

I am not trying to make a million dollars on this I just would like items from my collection go to fellow collectors here on NES. K

I currently have over 275 pieces that want to widdle down to 70.

So keep your eyes on the classified section of NES.

Here is a sample of what you will see:
Egyptian Rasheed in 98% condition
Hakim rifle in near new condition
Two original Russian 91/30 sniper rifles
Spanish 8mm Mausers in near perfect condition
Persian Mauser in perfect condition with matching bayonet and original arsenal paperwork
Yugoslavian Mausers various models 22 of them
P38s 2 of them
91/30s purchased back in the early 90's 21 of them
Russian 91s 22 of them
K98 Mauser's 8 of them
Czech pistols dating back to the early 1900s to WW2 9 of them
1903 2 of them
1903A3 3 of them
1903A3 Camp Perry match rifle.
SKS Russian non refurb meaning in the blue not painted black
Unissued pristine Yugoslovian SKS model 59/66 3 of them'
That's should give you an idea.
To moderators this post is not an add but a heads up to my fellow collectors to keep an eye out for some nice collector pieces.

AGAIN SALES TO ONLY PAID NES MEMBERS AND A $20 donation by the buyer to Comm2A for each item purchased. NO DEALERS

Last edited:
Fred, I'm sad to hear you're leaving the great state of MA........jk definitely not remotely "great". Anyway, sounds like you got a lot of selling to do!

You did a lot for me with that Archangel Mosin build and I never got to meet you!

Can I have dibs on one of the 1903A3s??[smile] Preferably a smith corona. Been looking for one over the last month....

Last edited:
I would say sorry to see you go,but no one should be sorry for anyone that is leaving MA. Please keep me in mind if your selling CZ 75,or 75B. Thank you.

Certainly interested in one of the 03's and be interested to see what else pops up. Nice of you to give the heads up to those who appreciate these great guns!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been a member here for a few years and I still don't own a mosin...maybe I'll have to buy one from the "Mosin Nagant Collector" Himself! Arizona is beautiful!

Congratulations on your escape over the border!

K98k Mausers for me[smile]. This will save me a trip to Amoskeag in June.

And my wife thinks my collection is getting large at 63!

Best of Luck,

Tim

ED.

I'll let Andrew in on the SC 03A3; besides the 03/03A3 is a copy of the Mauser anyway!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you are leaving, but happy for you at the same time. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Yugo SKSs. I had one once, sold it, and wished I hadn't.

I may have some free cash coming up after the sale of my house that could go towards something to class up my collection.

Thanks Len.
I can't wait to get the heck out of this loony far left Northeast. Even New Hampshire is getting to liberal for me

congrats Fred....you will be missed. I will definitely keep an eye out in the classifieds...good luck my friend

I will put in a dib for a 1903A3 as well my friend

Last edited:
Thanks Len.
I can't wait to get the heck out of this loony far left Northeast. Even New Hampshire is getting to liberal for me

I'll miss you but fully understand. My Wife and I send you the very best wishes for a long and happy life away from here!

She's talking about retiring later this year. If she does, we'll be looking to skip the border to NH, but will try to avoid the moonbat towns, and do what we can there to keep it sane.

Only the best for you and your move to Arizona, Fred. Fortunately, I think they have internet out West, so you can still stop in for a visit!

No, serious. I am currently on disability leave from work with severe post-concussion syndrome - those three car wrecks from the last two years. I managed to walk away each time, but not fully, and they've caught up with me. If I don't write it down I won't remember.

I'm surprised that I can still shoot well, since one of the current problems is being cross-eyed. But I only need my left eye; too bad that's the blurry one.[hmmm]

T

Last edited:
Well I always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, so once you move out there I'll have to come visit it and you, brother!

Expect a call later on.

We were going to see the Grand Canyon during our '14 road trip to Colorado, but the kid was being so cranky we went straight to CO via Texas. Hope to try next year.

T

I hear they have serious erosion problem in the Grand Canyon. [wink]

If you go and walk the south rim trail, 'The Trail of Time', you'll see the bronze trail markers I made that are set in the pavement.

Congratulations on your impending move to Arizona Fred. I wish you and your family all the best. I left Mass last July for a free Southern state and couldn't be happier.

Congrats! In the coming years I am also thinking of selling my house here in MA and the one in RI and getting the hell out of the northeast. My #1 destination is also AZ. About 2 years ago I tried to work out a deal with my employer that would allow me to move to AZ and work out of an office in Phoenix, but the plans fell through because of an impending merger. I am personally sick of snow and only being able to enjoy my cars a few months out of the year.

Every one should make at least 1 trip to the Grand Canyon in their lifetimes. No amount of videos on TV can do the canyon justice. You have to see it with your own eyes. It's a truly amazing sight to behold.

Hope it works out well. To purchase one of your rifles do I need a C&R is my MA LTC enough?

The Journal of Irreproducible Results had a nice article about 10-20 years ago about various approaches to control erosion in the Grand Canyon, but I am not able to find it on Google.

Back
Top Bottom