Red Jacket ZK-22

I've been wondering about getting a tax stamp for it, in which case I'd get a bull barrel.
get the 18" bull barrel, no? avoid that 200 buck wack. i thought that would be the way to go also, a bull bbl, but it would really gain some weight on the front end i would imagine.

Whistle Pig 18.5" fluted barrel with compensator ordered.

Gonna need more ammo.

cf467b6b9dec7c47c914c1f64d921dc2.jpg

Whistle Pig barrel installed. Balance point is right at the back of the carry handle.

I say again, we wonder why we're losing the battle?

Someone creates a new stock, "Hey, it sucks because of xxxxx".
I thought this was 'Murica? Where you can take that fat girl home and be happy. Did we stop when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No. We made good stuff and won the war.

Ok, I'm biased, I know one of those guys. He's a good f'ing dude and I stand up for good f'ing dudes.

Having already been a fan of the FN P90, when I saw the Sons of Guns episode, I liked the ZK-22 from the get go.

I was dismayed at what appeared to be a likely prolonged time to market and then Red Jacket imploded with the collapse of the Hayden family.

After seeing that Meaux moved on and brought his design to market at Aklys Defense, I then found out about the other stock cited in this thread that more closely models the P90. I thought about that one for a moment but it doesn't make use of the P90's magazine position even though it has it present (an ammo box? really?) and the ZK-22 has the longer rail, so I went for it.

I like it, the one time I've taken it to the range so far was a blast, and it's shorter than a GSG.

Agreed, I got my stock in last week now I need to pick up another 10/22 to put in it.

How is the trigger on it? Did you do any polishing to the trigger bar? Using stock 10/22 trigger?

Stock trigger. Multiple tries to get the splined cam into the right position. Complete takedown after the first range trip to go at the trigger bar, trigger plates, trigger bar channel, injection forming sprue, and all of the clam shell edges with several grits of sand paper. I think I need to do some of the edges again because I missed a few.

Make sure to not set the screw that holds the splined trigger cam in place too deeply. It needs to be centered otherwise the end of the screw, either side, will hit the left or the right of the stock.

Back
Top Bottom