Red Jacket ZK-22

When they first showed it on the previews, I thought it was going to be a PS90 or a FS2000, both of which would have been better platforms. Based on the show, it was an off-the-shelf bullpup stock kit. Might even be made by FNH.

In the show, the stock was a one-off. Joe even explained the process to Brooks--similar to one of those MakerBots where they plug in a 3D CAD drawing into a machine that spits out small layers plastic one on another until it makes the desired design, but a commercial machine.

That guy is the most competent of all of them. He ought to start his own gunsmithing shop.

I’d say him and Flem they are the two most competent, and normal, people on that show. I’d like to see those two and Vince open up a shop together, that’d be pretty cool.

I’d say him and Flem they are the two most competent, and normal, people on that show. I’d like to see those two and Vince open up a shop together, that’d be pretty cool.

Normal? Normal is a setting on my washing machine. I've worked for "normal" guys. When they start talking about hockey and golf at lunch I want to just yawn. I wouldn't mind working for Will - he may be a loon but it sure looks like he has fun doing it.

In the show, the stock was a one-off. Joe even explained the process to Brooks--similar to one of those MakerBots where they plug in a 3D CAD drawing into a machine that spits out small layers plastic one on another until it makes the desired design, but a commercial machine.

shows how close I was watching that section of the show.

I know the rapid prototype machines. I've worked with a few different ones. One of the local companies that has one was printing out working nylon adjustable wrenches and snap buckles for a local charity.

shows how close I was watching that section of the show.

I know the rapid prototype machines. I've worked with a few different ones. One of the local companies that has one was printing out working nylon adjustable wrenches and snap buckles for a local charity.

They have a BIG one at S&W that we saw on the factory tour - they had an all plastic M&P pistol about 2' tall in the window of the rapid prototyping room. Looked like it was a bore of well over an inch.

i like it. love my archangel 10-22 and would like to have a bullpup version to play with. this might be the answer but i dont feel like the $500 towards a stock and the rifle (w/ some upgrades) will be in my budget. then again, the $$$ saved on ammo may be worth the price of the kit. i'll wait to see some reviews of them when they come in. other bullpup kits have awful triggers but he says they addressed that, which would be a "game changer" for me...

Even though the price is high for the Bull-Pup stock conversion, Will has hit on a great idea. If he stays in the .22 short, long and long rifle and never goes to a bigger caliber he can surely have something to base his other designs on. That thing from what I have seen of it looks as if it might actually be finished pretty well. I do wonder however, if Will has been able to find .22 lr ammo loaded with the "slow burning black powder" he is so fond of?

they just showed that being made in one of the episodes within the last couple weeks. It was for a Zombie special where they had to make a civilian zombie gun and a military zombie gun. The bullpup was the civilian build. Good episode, they blew up what had to be 100 of those 3d bleeding zombie targets. I hope someone gets one so they can tell us what they think of the trigger!?!!!!!!

From what I remember it was the stock 10/22 trigger group.

When they first showed it on the previews, I thought it was going to be a PS90 or a FS2000, both of which would have been better platforms. Based on the show, it was an off-the-shelf bullpup stock kit. Might even be made by FNH.

The show showed him making the design and having it cut out on one of those lazer sand beds (or something like that, the show aired awile ago, I can't rememer what it was, but it was something like that).

So it wasn't a bought stock.

OK, thanks, I couldn't remember how it was made, I knew it was something like this ( as you can see in my other post ).

Yup, I said the same thing when the show aired,,,,,,,,,,

It Will Be No Good For A Leftie....................

learn to shoot right handed. its not hard, i was born left handed but now do almost everything right handed. i actually have a very hard time writing left handed now, which i used to be able to do easily... or dont buy one of these, whichever is easier...
[devil]
sorry for the smartass response, its been one of those mondays.

learn to shoot right handed. its not hard, i was born left handed but now do almost everything right handed. i actually have a very hard time writing left handed now, which i used to be able to do easily... or dont buy one of these, whichever is easier...
[devil]
sorry for the smartass response, its been one of those mondays.

No thank you, I will stay left handed.

I saw one that was a bottom dumper but I can't find it right now.

oh. this one looks great and its all aluminum but about the same $$ as red jacket once you equip it with a few things..
http://www.wix.com/jbunting/bullpup-stock#!gallery
index.php

I don't have a good sample of rifles to compare to, but it is fairly balanced with my basic tapered 18.5in barrel.

With trigger hand in position on the grip it is balanced on my thumb with an open hand, but with the accessories on the rail it is very top heavy so any pitch angle gives it a pretty heavy bias. That could probably be balanced by a heavier magazine in freer states.

Switching to a bull barrel might shift that balance point forward. Tax stamped, I don't think it could use less than a 14in barrel.

I bought one, from Joe Meaux's company, Aklys Defense.

Aklys Defense ZK-22 with a basic tapered 18.5in 10/22, Primary Arms Micro Red Dot, and some Magpul flipups.

3d5fa979d5ed635068a454b744b5fa7d.jpg

i'd be takin' that front sight off the barrel. looks out of place and lost sitting there. not like you're using it anyway, other than that i'm diggin' the look of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom