Red Jacket ZK-22

My wife and daughter aren't on an internationally televised reality show, where they portray themselves as the next best thing to sliced cheese and hot as the sun. If they were, I'd expect that they would be aware of the fact that fame and fortune come at a price. I would encourage them to develop a thick skin as the publicity and the dough poured in...If you don't find the humor in it, so be it. You're fully entitled...

As to the stock, I have not fired a bullpup I've really liked with the exception of an FS2000. As a teenager, I fell prey to the bullpup fever with my 10/22 and it was awful. I donated it to a theatre program in Youngstown and they turned it into a prop. I also bought a Valmet and an AUG in my 20's and only wish I still had them for the value. The Valmet was terrible to shoot and the AUG had a super-mushy trigger. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I've come to like my Ruger 10/22 old school, but I'm sure there will be a receptive market for this...

I actually do find humor in it, and I guess my point came off maybe a little wrong. Having been raised to be extremely protective of the women in my life I do get a bit sensitive to these things because I always look at it as "how would I feel if it was my kid, wife, etc". Having said that, it has always struck me as funny how many men make comments about women, rate them, critique them, etc. and in reality they wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell with any of them. I am not a fart and I realize this is just human nature but I sometiomes feel the urge to defend. As far as being on tv, I understand the point, but she is a real person, wife, and daughter, not an actress, and not a 16 or 17 year old with a hot body that is exploited on tv like American Guns. Just an opinion. BTW I certainly don't mind looking at the women in American Guns, and with the way they dress( which is certainly their right) they would appear to invite more of this kind of "criticism" or remarks from dirty "old" men like us.

The whole "white knight" thing denigrates women more than the comments, IMO. "I must ride to their defense! They are but wives and daughters!" Yeah, whatever. Put yourself on a "reality show," and you gotta expect what comes next.

And I find it interesting you pick and choose which one is a "real person, wife, and daughter" and which one is "exploited." Take a look at the "glamor shots" on the Red Jacket Facebook page of Stephanie (just saying that made me throw up in my mouth a bit) sometime and talk to me about who's being "exploited."

Wow, I never saw myself as a "white knight" but I'll take it! Hey, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, and I have also been guilty of the very thing I am defending, but I have no problem being criticized for being old fashioned, "white knight" or whatever. Generally, reality shows make me sick as the exploitation is usually rampant. I guess I didn't watch often enough to see the posing pics you mentioned, so maybe that would sway me. If you "put it out there" then I would suppose you get what you get, but not every "reality" show does that. I guess I never saw that side of her and she seemed pretty normal and even obscure to me.

Why is everyone so picky? I would shoot that, and hit that. [wink]

I'd shoot the bull-pup if one was available, I'd even buy ammo to shoot it.

As far as hitting that, No, I wouldn't, but I'm spoiled by a wonderful, beautiful and intelligent wife (and no, she's not on this forum either)

As far as hitting that, No, I wouldn't, but I'm spoiled by a wonderful, beautiful and intelligent wife (and no, she's not on this forum either)

Whether she is on this forum or not, you are a very smart man![laugh]

P.S. My apologies for veering off the thread

I mean I would buy it. It's a cool 22 with a little story behind it, being on TV and all. If I was caught saying or writing that about my wife she would want a good explanation. [laugh]

I mean I would buy it. It's a cool 22 with a little story behind it, being on TV and all. If I was caught saying or writing that about my wife she would want a good explanation. [laugh]

A good explanation is simple:

Based on other threads about having to hide, justify or otherwise deal with a significant other about firearms purchases and the shear number of "I'd tap that" comments about less attractive women on the forum, not everyone is as lucky as I am to have such a wonderful wife, so I must be spoiled.

Now, to force the thread BACK onto its rails, anyone have a crowbar and a forklift?

IF someone does buy one, let us know, so the rest of us can get a chance to shoot it. I'll throw in some ammo (more than I'll use) and a few bucks "thank you" so I don't have to buy one.

Last edited:
A good explanation is simple:

IF someone does buy one, let us know, so the rest of us can get a chance to shoot it. I'll throw in some ammo (more than I'll use) and a few bucks "thank you" so I don't have to buy one.

Looks like it won't ship until the fall - maybe for the pumpkin shoot?

"PRE-ORDER SPECIAL $229.99 for the first 400 purchases. Shipping for Fall 2012"

In the video Joe said something about a target-grade trigger. I'd guess that adds a bit to the price. I can barely see the $230 intro offer but $300 is pretty steep. OTOH... given the other bullpup stocks out there for $130 or more, I guess it's not too much of a stretch.

Looks an awful lot like the FS2000, doesn't it? Wonder if they have to pay FNH royalties since the design is so close?

You talking the stock or Steph?[devil]

Only problem with Steph is that she's got a hubby with access to full-auto toys... and he looks just a leetle bit too happy to be shooting them. Personally, I think that all y'all who think she's ugly need your vision checked. But that's just me.

In the video Joe said something about a target-grade trigger. I'd guess that adds a bit to the price. I can barely see the $230 intro offer but $300 is pretty steep. OTOH... given the other bullpup stocks out there for $130 or more, I guess it's not too much of a stretch.

Looks an awful lot like the FS2000, doesn't it? Wonder if they have to pay FNH royalties since the design is so close?

When they first showed it on the previews, I thought it was going to be a PS90 or a FS2000, both of which would have been better platforms. Based on the show, it was an off-the-shelf bullpup stock kit. Might even be made by FNH.

Feature request:

It needs to have a button on the side that, when you press it, plays a crappy recording out a hidden speaker of that neanderthal Kris yelling in his goofy-ass voice (on the "confessional" cam), "OH MY GOD, IT'S A ZOMBIE GUUUN!!!"

Feature request:

It needs to have a button on the side that, when you press it, plays a crappy recording out a hidden speaker of that neanderthal Kris yelling in his goofy-ass voice (on the "confessional" cam), "OH MY GOD, IT'S A ZOMBIE GUUUN!!!"

I would pay extra for that.

Only problem with Steph is that she's got a hubby with access to full-auto toys... and he looks just a leetle bit too happy to be shooting them. Personally, I think that all y'all who think she's ugly need your vision checked. But that's just me.

SHE IS NASTY. She is all busted.

C'mon guys, if this was your wife, daughter, or sister you would be apes**t if you were reading comments about her. I can only assume all you "beautiful" people avoid mirrors at all cost![smile]

she chose to be on TV. I do not feel sorry for her.

not even professional make up people can make her look good. I dont even want to know what she looks like without all that TV make up and stuff.

So, is that link the place you will go to fix your vision and see what we all see?

rjf-1380.gif

Back
Top Bottom