• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Glock?

Was in a pawn shop last week and they had a Worn/battlefield pick-up looking red Glock. It was a deep maroon red, looked like it was painted deep red then had steel wool/paint thinner taken to it. At first I thought it was some fools attempt to make it look "cool" but the tag said NIB for $545. I asked about it and the clerk said it was some special edition gears of war or something another. I did a search but couldn't find anything like it. I thought it was pretty atrocious but to each his own. Anyways, curiosity is getting the better part of me. Anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

ETA it was a G19 FWIW

https://www.keelyarms.com/product_p/g_ug1950204ckbwrd.htm
?

g_UG1950204CKBWRD-2.jpg

Sounds like a load of shit about it being GOW related. I recall nothing about the G/3 release having a Glock involved and that was the one that had the most branded merch out of all of them. That included a red spatter Xbox, controllers, headsets, plastic replica weapons from China and hand-painted replica weapons from NYC. There were even a few hydrodipped cars for promotional events (CES, PAX, NYCC, SDCC). If there was ever an official Glock I know I would have caught wind of it and made a point to get a chance to touch it.

More likely that Glock is a cerakote, dura-kote, or powdercoating job done by a shop or a fanboy. You can get slide covers and baseplates with almost any logo on them. Most devs/publishers would not take the huge PR risk of actual guns accompanying a violent videogame as a product or even 1-of collectible. The exception has been the "live the game" training experience at ranges or with simunitions, etc.

That's it! As far as the video game reference, the clerk had said he thought that's what it was or something. I didn't pay attention and it didn't really pique my interest, not much of a video game guy here. Anyways, NES delivers. Battle worn red it is!

Easy-peasy: http://images.google.com/ and let your eyes do the finding... Search for "red glock 19" (no quotes) and pick the one that looks like you saw.

I always have a problem with these types of paint jobs. While I don't want to stifle anyone's creativity I don't really like when guns look like toys. I'm sure there's going to be a pigpile of people who will say I should be able to do whatever I want with my guns (I'm not in disagreement) and a red gun to me is a training gun for safety purposes. I just like to know in the real world I'm not going to shoot some kid over a toy gun or hesitate. But that's just my personal opinion. Let the poop rain begin.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I can understand that. A while back someone posted a pic of a Glock that was done up to replicate the Nintendo gaming gun from the original "Duck Hunt" It was done pretty well if thats your thing. I thought it was going to get bashed but it got a pretty strong approval rating here on NES. Go figure. Ehh, something for everyone I spose'.

Is this an out yourself thread? If so, then I'll join in. I'm not a big fan of guns that are made to look like toys. I'm not really in to the cosmetics of them at all, to be honest.

I can appreciate the customization that some people do to their guns but all the colors don't add much for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great...Maura's probably kicking back with the wife, getting a foot massage while surfing NES and she'll see this....
"Hey, what a great idea!! "
And sometime next week all dealers will get another love-letter from her...
"Effective July 1, 2017, any and all new or used evil, nasty Glocks sold in Massachusetts MUST be painted red, in order to warn the public that they're ..." (blah blah)
[emoji6]
+1

Last edited:
That gun looks pretty terrible. Like someone took a can of spraypaint to it and ran out before they could fully cover it. Like someone else said, to each their own, but to me it looks like the "distressed" jeans you can buy for $200 with holes already ripped in them. Paying a premium for something that subtracts value.

I definitely agree with you about guns painted to look like toys. I'm all for peoples' legal right to own one; I just think they're a bad idea. I'd hate to use it as a carry gun; while I'm not into brandishing for self-defense, if I do ever have to draw a gun, I'm quite alright with my attacker taking the opportunity to back down. Not sure that's going to happen if I pull a blue-and-orange job out. I'd imagine the prosecution would get some good mileage out of the gun's appearance if I stood trial for a self-defense shooting, too.

More than that, I fear what would happen if my nieces and nephews somehow got into my safe. The black Sig and the shotgun don't look like toys. But something painted up in silly colors? That must be there for them to play with!

Was in a pawn shop last week and they had a Worn/battlefield pick-up looking red Glock. It was a deep maroon red, looked like it was painted deep red then had steel wool/paint thinner taken to it. At first I thought it was some fools attempt to make it look "cool" but the tag said NIB for $545. I asked about it and the clerk said it was some special edition gears of war or something another. I did a search but couldn't find anything like it. I thought it was pretty atrocious but to each his own. Anyways, curiosity is getting the better part of me. Anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

ETA it was a G19 FWIW

Glock doesn't do lame shit like that usually, but plenty of their distributors do one offs.

-Mike

Last edited:
Let's buy a gun that looks like a worn out POS big bucks or just buy a well used gun for cheap money that already has the look....?
Generally I don't mind custom color on guns but that red is just ugly.

That gun looks pretty terrible. Like someone took a can of spraypaint to it and ran out before they could fully cover it. Like someone else said, to each their own, but to me it looks like the "distressed" jeans you can buy for $200 with holes already ripped in them. Paying a premium for something that subtracts value.

I definitely agree with you about guns painted to look like toys. I'm all for peoples' legal right to own one; I just think they're a bad idea. I'd hate to use it as a carry gun; while I'm not into brandishing for self-defense, if I do ever have to draw a gun, I'm quite alright with my attacker taking the opportunity to back down. Not sure that's going to happen if I pull a blue-and-orange job out. I'd imagine the prosecution would get some good mileage out of the gun's appearance if I stood trial for a self-defense shooting, too.

More than that, I fear what would happen if my nieces and nephews somehow got into my safe. The black Sig and the shotgun don't look like toys. But something painted up in silly colors? That must be there for them to play with!

Lots of glue fumes in this thread.... over a gun like 10 people will buy. Buy a powerball ticket instead, your odds are better than seeing one of these show up in an SD shooting. Most of these are going to end up in tinfoiler dust collection.

I kinda think it looks good, but only if that meant it was at a deep discount. I appreciate character in my guns, but I'd never pay extra for it - I pay less for it, and then I don't worry about adding my own character.

My Browning Sweet 16 A5 looks like a dog chewed on it sometime in the 60s - but that just means I don't worry too much about hurting a collector's piece and enjoy a good hunting arm.

I do like the idea of bright colors on my guns to sidestep any storage issues. Green pistol with orange muzzle left on a nightstand - not a gun, see the orange tip! (sarc)

Back
Top Bottom