• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Flag Legislation in TN

“I think everyone — leadership from speakers, as well as other leaders — have expressed a desire to do something and move forward,” Lee said...

What an A-hole. Isn't doing nothing the same as doing "something"? I'm betting he won't be voted in as guvna again...

They've had a metric shit-ton of pressure to "Do Something! ERMAGERD It's for the CHILDREN!" since a nutbag went to a Christian elementary school and slaughtered children.

The thing is, this is just another lame attempt to "do something" that wouldn't have prevented the crime. This trans person lived at home with its parents, who knew nothing of the five (?) guns she had, all the ammo, and a manifesto. They wouldn't have "red flagged" her because they were clueless as to her intentions.

Marches in the streets had an effect.

The thing is, this is just another lame attempt to "do something" that wouldn't have prevented the crime.
As far as I know, none of the proposed gun control I have seen would have stopped any of the mass shootings. People with no criminal records (I think nearly 100% of past mass shooters) can just buy a gun from a dealer, passing universal background checks with flying colors (and qualify for a license in the state(s) that require that). 10 round mags and AWB? Columbine was during AWB, multiple shooters used 10 round mags/AWB compliant guns (VT had a mix of 10 and 15 round, IIRC parkland was 10 round mags). Red flag doesn't work for the aforementioned reasons. And safe storage? At least how it's written in MA, there is no requirement to nail down the gun, keep it in an impenetrable safe etc. Any 12 year old can cut the silly cable lock off with a pair of diagonal cutters. None of those proposed "common sense measures" would do anything, and none address the root of the problem.

Watched Johnnys video on this. He’s out after his term and can’t run again. Like all politicians he’s probably going for higher office and Must be getting a ton of cash thrown at him by the usual suspects

Back
Top Bottom