• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Flag Law - Is there anything we can do to stop it??

Massachusetts is proposing an extremely unconstitutional "Red Flag" law. Essentially, anyone who "feels" you are a threat can go to the police station and request that your Constitutional right to keep and bare arms be stripped away. You have too many tattoos, and some liberal feels you're a threat, then they can go to the station and have your guns stripped. You drive a truck instead of a Prius, you're a threat. Goodbye to your guns!

Someone's feelings are not relevant in a court of law. Well, at least in any state except Massachusetts, apparently. Liberals love their feelings.

Mass. Lawmakers Once Again Take On NRA In Push To Pass 'Red Flag' Law

We need to do something to stop this unconstitional law from being passed. Is there anything we CAN do?

Run for office, or support candidates who are running against anyone that votes for it. Until we break the super majority stranglehold the progressives have in the State House we're playing defense. Also, convert people into being gun owners and teach them why #gunvote is important.

We need to do something to stop this unconstitional law from being passed. Is there anything we CAN do?

Is this a rhetorical question? No. There is nothing that can be done to stop it in MA. This is what happens when you have single-party rule.

Best you can hope for is remedy in the courts and to change the legislative make up to prevent future nonsense laws.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

You could preemptively hang a few legislators and see if they get the message. :^)

Just tell them the law hurts your "feelings", surely they will listen.

Are you kidding? MA has never seen a gun law it didnt like.

There's no way to stop this, it's a feel good measure that fundamentally everyone can get behind and past each other on the back about. The best you can do is support GOAL's alternative wording and text or reach out and make better suggestions

My understanding is that anyone making the report has to sign an affidavit, not sure what if any teeth that gives the accused in a false claim situation against the accuser? But this is medieval material, most of us grew up learning the mockeries of the Salem witch trials where the falsely accused had to prove they weren't witches.

Is this a rhetorical question? No. There is nothing that can be done to stop it in MA. This is what happens when you have single-party rule.

Best you can hope for is remedy in the courts and to change the legislative make up to prevent future nonsense laws.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

This is exactly the sentiment that will guarantee we lose. There are many tings we can do: contact legislators, do work for GOAL, help legislators who are on our side, and be vocal with your neighbors & coworkers. While we may not kill the change it is VERY likely we can influence/change it so it isn't so bad. And this work is not a sprint it is a marathon - regardless of the outcome of this one our efforts are valuable.

Everyone needs to internalize the message and spread it whenever you can. And if you don't already join the NRA and GOAL and do your part to protect our rights. Support Comm2A and businesses that are pro 2A - it all counts it all matters!

Massachusetts is proposing an extremely unconstitutional "Red Flag" law. Essentially, anyone who "feels" you are a threat can go to the police station and request that your Constitutional right to keep and bare arms be stripped away. You have too many tattoos, and some liberal feels you're a threat, then they can go to the station and have your guns stripped. You drive a truck instead of a Prius, you're a threat. Goodbye to your guns!

Someone's feelings are not relevant in a court of law. Well, at least in any state except Massachusetts, apparently. Liberals love their feelings.

Mass. Lawmakers Once Again Take On NRA In Push To Pass 'Red Flag' Law

Anyone with a grudge against you could use this poor excuse for a law to make your life miserable. It sounds like this proposed law does everything a restraining order does but without due process. It all sounds fairly simple, If I get in to an argument with the guy next door because his dog crapped on my lawn, he goes to the police to tell them he felt threatened and then they come to my house without a warrant and take my guns. Our so called leaders have yet again found a new way to sidestep the constitution, all in the interest of public safety.

The liberal democrats continue to ignore the real truths....criminals and mentally ill people commit the vast majority of gun crimes and misuse.

How intellectually dishonest and lazy can you be to see what is in plain sight.

Just continue to hammer law abiding citizens.

That is why I will NEVER support ANY democrat ever.

The liberal democrats continue to ignore the real truths....criminals and mentally ill people commit the vast majority of gun crimes and misuse.

How intellectually dishonest and lazy can you be to see what is in plain sight.

Just continue to hammer law abiding citizens.

That is why I will NEVER support ANY democrat ever.

Mentally ill people cannot usually discern truth and reality, they live in a myopic and closed world, detached from reality.

They (democrats) will be as intellectually dishonest and unethical as it takes to further their agenda.

When the rubber meets the road, they will lose everything they think they ever accomplished, very possibly including their lives. Useful idiots don't last long under dictatorial conditions, history is replete with examples.

Now they’ll be just one step closer to saying that they deem all gun ownership a “threat” and there you have it, game over.

The immediate short term response is to contact the ACLU. They have been very vocal in their opposition to it here in RI. That is really the only short term solution.

This is exactly the sentiment that will guarantee we lose. There are many tings we can do: contact legislators, do work for GOAL, help legislators who are on our side, and be vocal with your neighbors & coworkers. While we may not kill the change it is VERY likely we can influence/change it so it isn't so bad. And this work is not a sprint it is a marathon - regardless of the outcome of this one our efforts are valuable.

Everyone needs to internalize the message and spread it whenever you can. And if you don't already join the NRA and GOAL and do your part to protect our rights. Support Comm2A and businesses that are pro 2A - it all counts it all matters!

Uhhhh...nope. This round is already lost. That’s what a supermajority will get you. It’s full-court press time and they have no need to feed you scraps.

Sorry if you were asleep while this was happening.

The most important thing imho is to make sure it doesn't become federal law like Lautenberg... that would move it from "terrible" to stage 4 cancer..

Mentally ill people cannot usually discern truth and reality, they live in a myopic and closed world, detached from reality.

They (democrats) will be as intellectually dishonest and unethical as it takes to further their agenda.

When the rubber meets the road, they will lose everything they think they ever accomplished, very possibly including their lives. Useful idiots don't last long under dictatorial conditions, history is replete with examples.

Exactly.

That's why I keep telling people that when the left gets the dictatorial paradise it seems to want so badly - I'm joining up.

I'm going to SPECIFICALLY ask to be a camp guard - so that I can stand at the gates and kick all those useful idiots in the ass as they're marched thru the front gates.

"Your oven is on the left snowflake - because I like irony. Sorry mam - pussy hats are assigned to the oven on the right. Yes - we did that on purpose just to f*** with you"

At least I'll get a little bit of enjoyment out of my final years as Rome burns down around me. With any luck - maybe I'll get a pension.

is this tyranny yet?

I know that sounds like a satisfying outcome - but very similar things have already happened - over and over and over again - in regards to previous laws passed that were known to be turds when they were proposed - and it doesn't stop these idiots.

It's a universal trait of leftists that they simply DO NOT think things thru. So they'll just pass the law - some Democrat will get swept up in it - and they'll either just let the person go - or they'll turn around come up with some reason to blame gun owners - or the right wing in general.

We're well past the point where there can be any sort of debate about this stuff. If they want to start banning gun owners and banning guns - well then they're going to do it.

The people this really hurts are the people who consider gun ownership a "hobby". The reality here is that THEY are part of the problem. The intent behind the 2nd amendment is not hunting or target shooting (as gun rights defenders try to point out all the time). The intent behind the 2nd is to shoot down bad government actors when they get out of control. Government types of course - don't want to be shot down. So they continuously screw with the intent of the 2nd - AND THE STRUCTURE THAT SUPPORTED IT.

You see this is why I constantly bring up the militia. The militia was there to defend the country - and also to OPPOSE THE GOVERNMENT. Every man was supposed to be in it - or affiliated with it in some way - so that he was connected to his fellow citizens, his community - and his STATE - and NOT to the Federal government.

This is exactly why the militia system was broken up at the beginning of the "progressive era". The excuse was that it was "outmoded" and "didn't serve the needs of a growing country". Which is just progressive code for " was in opposition to our agenda so we got rid of it".

The problem here is that a good many 2A defenders - simply won't sit down and consider the context and the societal structure in which the 2A was supposed to work. They've bought into the liberal story of how things are supposed to be in this country - and therefore they have sold out their heritage - and that structure that would have defended their right to bear arms if the Feds decided to remove it.

Now the progressive leftist agenda has permeated thru society from the top to the bottom - and it has slowly but surely modified the structure of the Republic to suit it's own needs to aggregate power to the top.

2A supporters have been fighting a rear guard action for a long time - and slitting their own wrists at every opportunity they had by basically always giving in and defending yesterday's leftist progressive agenda item - while claiming they're "conservative" because they're in opposition to today's latest agenda item.

That's a losing battle - and always has been.

Looks like it's time to sell all the stuff I have on the books - start making shit off the books - and burying it.

I know that sounds like a satisfying outcome - but very similar things have already happened - over and over and over again - in regards to previous laws passed that were known to be turds when they were proposed - and it doesn't stop these idiots.

It's a universal trait of leftists that they simply DO NOT think things thru. So they'll just pass the law - some Democrat will get swept up in it - and they'll either just let the person go - or they'll turn around come up with some reason to blame gun owners - or the right wing in general.

We're well past the point where there can be any sort of debate about this stuff. If they want to start banning gun owners and banning guns - well then they're going to do it.

The people this really hurts are the people who consider gun ownership a "hobby". The reality here is that THEY are part of the problem. The intent behind the 2nd amendment is not hunting or target shooting (as gun rights defenders try to point out all the time). The intent behind the 2nd is to shoot down bad government actors when they get out of control. Government types of course - don't want to be shot down. So they continuously screw with the intent of the 2nd - AND THE STRUCTURE THAT SUPPORTED IT.

You see this is why I constantly bring up the militia. The militia was there to defend the country - and also to OPPOSE THE GOVERNMENT. Every man was supposed to be in it - or affiliated with it in some way - so that he was connected to his fellow citizens, his community - and his STATE - and NOT to the Federal government.

This is exactly why the militia system was broken up at the beginning of the "progressive era". The excuse was that it was "outmoded" and "didn't serve the needs of a growing country". Which is just progressive code for " was in opposition to our agenda so we got rid of it".

The problem here is that a good many 2A defenders - simply won't sit down and consider the context and the societal structure in which the 2A was supposed to work. They've bought into the liberal story of how things are supposed to be in this country - and therefore they have sold out their heritage - and that structure that would have defended their right to bear arms if the Feds decided to remove it.

Now the progressive leftist agenda has permeated thru society from the top to the bottom - and it has slowly but surely modified the structure of the Republic to suit it's own needs to aggregate power to the top.

2A supporters have been fighting a rear guard action for a long time - and slitting their own wrists at every opportunity they had by basically always giving in and defending yesterday's leftist progressive agenda item - while claiming they're "conservative" because they're in opposition to today's latest agenda item.

That's a losing battle - and always has been.

Looks like it's time to sell all the stuff I have on the books - start making shit off the books - and burying it.

I'm not selling anything, on the books or not. And I'm not burying anything either, they all will stay close at hand, loaded and ready for use if necessary.

If the time has come to start burying your guns, it is long past time that they should have already been used against the appropriate targets.

I hate to say it but I think we’re screwed. What I mean is in the future, it sucks now but the future is going to be horrible. Also I spoke with my reps aids today and they were just no help.

I feel strongly that you should have at least one item buried, should they grab your items you have at least one left to retaliate with.

I hate to say it but I think we’re screwed. What I mean is in the future, it sucks now but the future is going to be horrible. Also I spoke with my reps aids today and they were just no help.

Of course they were of no help, THEY ARE CLUELESS, just like 90% of the rest of the population.

They are paper pushers and speed bumps to keep people away from the "representative" they work for.

It’s just pissing all over the 4th amendment, and they just don’t care. Basically an ex girlfriend that someone has a kid with can just pick up the phone. I specifically asked about townhouses and condos, neighbors that might not be that friendly. They told me they are really not sure. The way the bill reads Sounds like it means anyone under that roof feels threatened they can call. So maybe gray area??????

Uhhhh...nope. This round is already lost. That’s what a supermajority will get you. It’s full-court press time and they have no need to feed you scraps.

Sorry if you were asleep while this was happening.

So what exactly is your statement? That we roll over and give in? You probably gave up on Trump too based on poll numbers . . .

"With friends like you, who needs enemies . . . " "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for just men to do nothing"

Back
Top Bottom