Red Flag Coming To Utah

Republicans fellating ERPO.... here's my shocked face. [shocked]

I can hear the jingos mumbling about how "they dont get in trouble with the law so this doesn't matter" and making excuses for it already.

In Salt Lake City now. It used to be much more conservative and rule of law oriented, but has just turned into another leftist hangout. Maybe out in the woods, sanity still prevails, but head out to St George, Park City, etc. and it’s just a few years behind the northeast. From a State which gave Romney, this new treason should not be a surprise.

In Salt Lake City now. It used to be much more conservative and rule of law oriented, but has just turned into another leftist hangout. Maybe out in the woods, sanity still prevails, but head out to St George, Park City, etc. and it’s just a few years behind the northeast. From a State which gave Romney, this new treason should not be a surprise.

Urban centers will always attract lefties because they cant survive in the wild.

Maybe Im a bit naive, but shocked that this is happening in UT and coming from a UT republican.

These should be called "denouncement" bills rather than red flags. As with witchcraft in the old days, all it takes for the penalty to be invoked is for someone to stand up and say "I denounce thee....".

Maybe Im a bit naive, but shocked that this is happening in UT and coming from a UT republican.

I'm not.... people who hate freedom and things like due process are everywhere, and they are run in all variety of political circles. Huge part of the problem is many are shallow thinkers and don't really understand the true scope of downstream repercussions that "feels good" legislation can often deliver.... or possibly, they acknowledge it but just don't care, because their priorities are f***ed. I bet the guy that came up with this shit probably is "just fine" with no fly list people being prohibited persons.... despite the fact that there's no due process associated with such things.

-Mike

people who hate freedom and things like due process are everywhere
They just hate the freedom to make choices they would not make for themselves. It's like the concept of campus speech code where there is total freedom of speech for approved opinions.

Just try introducing a bill in which the state will pull a driving license if a family member denounces that person's driving skill and see how far you get.

Back
Top Bottom