• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Dot powder locally

Im in NB was wondering where people have been sourcing theirs locally. Would like to get the 8lb bottles but will settle for whatever. quick searches online show most places out of stock. I'm new to reloading and who carries what around here for it so any and all help is appreciated.

NB I assume is New Bedford? If so, have you tried Bass Pro in Foxboro or D&L in Warwick, RI?

If they don't have any, call Shooters Outpost or Rileys in Hooksett, NH or Al's gun and ammo in Derry, NH.

If none of these shops have them, you may need to try a similar burning powder. What caliber are you reloading?

Yes New Bedford

thanks guys I am going to be reloading 12g shells for trap shooting

Last edited:
thanks for the shop advice..

one other question do any of these places sell Winchester AA once fired shells in bulk or similar?

There was a seller on the classified that's had 8# of clay dot for sale. I hear that stuff is alliant's answer to Hodgdon clays.
Super fast powder like red dot. I think he was selling for $140 for the keg FTF this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the shop advice..

one other question do any of these places sell Winchester AA once fired shells in bulk or similar?

I,have not seen once fired shells for sale at anyshop. Your best bet is visit a few ranges. See if they toss them or sell them.
Try minuteman in reading they might sell hulls?

I found some hulls online at a few reloading sites.. the first one I tried to buy from won't ship these to Ma. (go figure) but the second one will and they were actually cheaper per 100 than the first so I should be all set for a bit now with those.

I found some hulls online at a few reloading sites.. the first one I tried to buy from won't ship these to Ma. (go figure) but the second one will and they were actually cheaper per 100 than the first so I should be all set for a bit now with those.

Nice [thumbsup] Just make sure not to accidentally post the online vendor's name here.

Don't forget Shooters Supply in Westport. He has a bunch of reloading supplies as well as powder

Good point.
Mark at shooting supply has a great supply on powders.
He also has good prices on shot. He has 7 1/2 8 and 9 in stock.
Also some mixed reclaimed stuff that's cheap cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw 8LB bottles of Red Dot at Outback Arms in Plymton yesterday. Don't remember the price other than to say I remember thinking it was more expensive than I expected.

Finally made it to Outback Arms today and got an 8lb jug.. the only one he had on the shelf so I should be set for a while now.

Mark has once fored AA hulls, if you're new to it make sure you follow a recipe instead of buying components that dont match.
I use AA hulls, claybuster wa112 wads 1 1/8oz, 17.2grns of 700x
My first time, only powder he had that matched a recipe and diny want to wait wanted to play with my mec 9000

I will be learning to reload with a very experienced person so I bought everything he uses exactly. should be a great learning experience overall for me and an added sense of pride that I'm shooting my own ammo.

I will be learning to reload with a very experienced person so I bought everything he uses exactly. should be a great learning experience overall for me and an added sense of pride that I'm shooting my own ammo.

I,learned the same way. It's good to someone you know and trust to guide you.

Didnt read the second page where he stated he'd picked some up, thanks.

Curious to know if the 180 is comparable to other shops in the area.

Back
Top Bottom