• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red dot for MkIII

I have recently bought a Ruger Mk III to participate in a bullseye league at my local gun club (and to console myself while I wait for my beretta to come back from the repair shop). I am considering the Ultradot, but I was wondering what you all thought about this Tru-Glo, for about $50 less.

I am open to other suggestions as well, but I have seen rave reviews of the matchdot, so I figure if the Tru-Glo isn't up to par, that is what I will go with.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I shoot a Pardini in our bullseye league, and it has a really cheap ADCO red dot on.(and has for the last 7 y) You should be very happy with the Ultradot. I don't have any personal experience with the Tru-glo, but have an Ultra-dot on another pistol. My personal advice would be to get something like this: http://www.opticsplanet.net/adco-international-adco-black-alpha-dot-sight-w-1-quot-tube-34748.html. For bullseye I don't think you need a 30mm tube, nor multiple reticles. Obviously one with a good range of light intensities is good especially if you plan to shoot outdoor bullseye as well.

I have recently bought a Ruger Mk III to participate in a bullseye league at my local gun club (and to console myself while I wait for my beretta to come back from the repair shop). I am considering the Ultradot, but I was wondering what you all thought about this Tru-Glo, for about $50 less.

I am open to other suggestions as well, but I have seen rave reviews of the matchdot, so I figure if the Tru-Glo isn't up to par, that is what I will go with.

Thanks!

The guys on bullseye-l do not like ULTRADOTS. You receive the run around on those. The distributor is a very shady guy in Florida. The website and everything does not look very substantial. They do sponsor something at Camp Perry, but I have not been there. Larry's in Maine is the official repair guy.

Supposedly brand new ULTRADOTs have been defective. Beware.

Others have stated that things like the ADCO have problems and they are poor copies.

I use an AIMPOINT.

Bill

I use a Matchdot and my suggestion would be this:
http://www.ultradotusa.com/ultradot_dist_2010_004.htm

The 30mm is just like a Matchdot, except less expensive because of no variable dot size. (I never use the variable dot size on mine, always going with the 4MOA dot, same as the 30mm and 1" have) I like the 30mm better, but the 1" is even less money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom