• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red Dot for .22

glockstar

NES Member
I recently picked up a Ruger MKIII Hunter Target Mod. I really love this gun, its tack driver , great looks and a Pic rail. So does anyone have any suggestions on what type of red dot i should throw on? Dont really want to spend more than $250.00 or so but i dont really have any experience with pistol red dots. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

I have shot with a Burris Fast fire, they are nice, seem to be made well. I used a similar style Jpoint and C-more STS on my race gun, shotgun, AR and .22. In the end only my shotgun has that type of sight on it now

Ultradot are what most bullseye shooters. The 1" single dot model should be fine, about $125.00 online. Larry's guns in Maine is a good place to look. I own 4 or 5 of them for various pistols.

I have an ADCO on my Pardini match gun. Its been great for the last 6 y, one battery and never loses its zero. Nice to have a <$100 red dot on a $2000 gun (of course I bought mine before the prices went nuts).

I recently picked up a Ruger MKIII Hunter Target Mod. I really love this gun, its tack driver , great looks and a Pic rail. So does anyone have any suggestions on what type of red dot i should throw on? Dont really want to spend more than $250.00 or so but i dont really have any experience with pistol red dots. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

I know this brob doesnt help but i went to a goal yard sale and they had a red dot sight there for $5 they thought it was broken....the batteries were in wrong lmao!

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Tactical-Elite-Green-Riflescope/dp/B0019SS8CE

I have this for my MKIII 22/45 and M&P15-22 and it works perfectly. I can get single holes at 10 yards with this. There seems to be poor quality control at Bushnell though, about 25% of the reviewers claim the "T" was tilted in some way and had to return it. The ones they got after the returns usually worked better. I ordered one and it is perfectly fine. Its very easy to adjust and has 5 brightness levels for each color.

Back
Top Bottom