Red Army standard ammo 7.62x39

DJBrad

NES Member
Anyone go through rounds of this in an AKM and have any issues?:
Red Army Standard 7.62x39mm Ammo 124 Grain FMJ Steel Case

I couldn’t pass up the deal for 1k rounds of this from Target Sports. With things getting tense with the arms deal between the US and Russia I decided it wise to stock up. Never tried it and the reviews were great so it was either this or the Wolf. This was literally $1 more expensive. The price for bricks of both at Walmart are almost twice the price of Target Sports.

I've shot a bunch of it through my AK a few years ago without any issues.

I have gone through a few thousand rounds never had an issue. I'll buy it or wolf golden tiger what ever a better deal. If your stocking up might want to pick up a few more cases

I use Wolf hollow points for both target practice and stocking up. The price is so cheap that I reach for an AK more than an AR when Im heading out for the range.

If it's the new RAS - it's made by Vympel, manufacturer of Golden Tiger. Check for sealant on the case.

The cartridge is lacquered and the primer/bullet are sealed with a purple sealant for long term storage I’ve heard.

I just don't like the Brand Name. Sounds too Commie for me...

486 bucks for 1080 rounds??
I’ll stick with the Wolf at 200 bucks per K.

Ok the 486 is for the brass case stuff.
222 per K for the steel stuff.

Ive shot the 5.45x39 red army with no issues. On a side note, why is golden tiger so hard to find now days?
Have you called up 619 DW guns in Merrimack NH? That’s where I bought all of my GT 7.62x39. I’d have to imagine they have 5.45?

Back
Top Bottom