• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'Recruit Military' job fair at Gillette today

This old thread popped up in my "Similar Items" list.

My son attended this and was recruited and hired by Lincoln Labs. Several others were also interested. Having a security clearance these days has a lot of value to these types of companies.

It did nothing for me. Went years ago and came away with nothing. Degrees on top of clearances and a non trigger puller MOS. I applaud their efforts but without warfighters who do damage there isn't much of an army. The only crap I could land was rental cop jobs and bouncer gigs which were gawdawful. I spoke to a few people and expressed my willingness to learn but it didn't work. Sorrryyy buuuut bs.

It did nothing for me. Went years ago and came away with nothing. Degrees on top of clearances and a non trigger puller MOS. I applaud their efforts but without warfighters who do damage there isn't much of an army. The only crap I could land was rental cop jobs and bouncer gigs which were gawdawful. I spoke to a few people and expressed my willingness to learn but it didn't work. Sorrryyy buuuut bs.

Yeah - I didn't have any luck at the Vet fair at Gillette, either. First time I ever went there and it was a complete waste of time. For those it works for, great - but nothing beats just straight out pounding out resumes and applications.

Back
Top Bottom