Recruit Has A Bad Day At the Range

Hey, it's worth asking, my screenname has nothing to do with the GSG rifle. [grin]

I usually carry a 1911 variant (Kimber Compact with an aluminum frame). When using pocket carry, I carry a Kahr PM9.

I've got lots of other guns that I can carry, but usually it is one of those two.

I'm not sure what is worse. The pain of shooting yourself or having people know that you shot yourself.

Hope he comes out of this okay!

Respectfully,

jkelly

He'll probably be awarded a medal for being injured in the lod.

He'll probably be awarded a medal for being injured in the lod.

Rant on! Yes, that's just what's going to happen; he's going to receive a medal for shooting himself in the leg. [rolleyes] I would even wager that he woke up that morning and thought, "Hey self, let's spice things up at the range and shoot yourself in leg today?" [slap]
Enough with the (formerly soon to be) cop bashing! He screwed up. He didn't hurt anyone else. He has to live with the consequence of his mistake. He learned a very valuable lesson. (hopefully not to be repeated)

Rant on! Yes, that's just what's going to happen; he's going to receive a medal for shooting himself in the leg. [rolleyes] I would even wager that he woke up that morning and thought, "Hey self, let's spice things up at the range and shoot yourself in leg today?" [slap]
Enough with the (formerly soon to be) cop bashing! He screwed up. He didn't hurt anyone else. He has to live with the consequence of his mistake. He learned a very valuable lesson. (hopefully not to be repeated)

don't know if you're a cop or not...don't really care....

if you are not a cop and you shoot yourself in the leg at the range you won't be keeping your ticket....

They are still going to give this guy a job.....he can't even safely holster a firearm and they are going to let him drive too....I wonder what mechaniucla failure the oinvestigators will come up with when he smashes up his cruiser...scary!!!!!

I hope I never get pulled over (or crashed into) by him....

rant all you want...makes no difference to me...

The sad part is, its a controled enviroment, professional instructors and first responders... nght drills at 1600 hrs, whats wrong with this scenario????

He is lucky that no-one else got hurt.... because he would have a lot more to live with than a hole in the leg and a title like moron......

Recruit

Just my 2 cents on this. I am sure he is embarrassed and thankful at the same time that none of his classmates or instructors were injured as well. I wish him the best in his recovery, physically and mentally. Now for my opinion on all the re-holstering posts. 99% of the time, there is no reason for a speedy reholster. We were taught and continue to train our officers to scan for additional threats and reholster when you feel its safe to do so. Now I know there are some certain situations that will prevent that, but the majority of the time it is not needed.

The problem I think is, when your on the range for qual/training, the range officer/instructor tells you when to holster, instead of when you should (LEO training for the most part anyway)

Back
Top Bottom