• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recovering Alcoholic Has Guns Seized by Connecticut Police

This is also why, when you go to the doctor for your checkup, you answer no to every single question they ask. "Do you every feel depressed?" Well, I'm a living human, aren't I?

No, your doctor is not your friend. Your doctor is simply monitoring the function of the machine in order to ensure that it doesn't cost to much to repair, and that it doesn't operate outside of acceptable behavioral range.

I didn't always feel this way, but I have to say the past few years have changed my opinion of the annual physical.

I have 2 friends that would benefit greatly from "seeing someone". Neither will because of exactly this risk. Neither (I think) pose a risk to themselves or anyone else, but talking talking to a professional could really make a difference to them

The liberals can't get out of their own damned way. Even as they wring their hands about stigmatizing those with 'mental illness', virtually every step they take further underscores or undermines your status as a complete, functioning citizen, whether it be entry into a database or the actual restriction of your fundamental rights.

The best they have come up with so far is to take evryone's guns away so we don't single out the mentall ill. At doesn't stigmatize the mentally ill at all. /facepalm

Damn straight. I refused Wellbutrin when I was trying to quit smoking. It is an anti-depressant and my CG license would be threatened, not to mention my LTC.

I took wellbutrin to quit smoking, no one is taking my guns for it.

Also, this is Alex Jones. I need a better source before I believe there isn't more to this story.

Last edited:
Word on the street was that he self identified as depressed.

From his actual Facebook post:
satujydu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sick of these people. "WHAT IF HE DID DO SOMETHING".
ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS!!!
WHAT IF ANY HUMAN ALIVE DID SOMETHING?
This is thought crime!

BTW I'm so tired of this whole anti suicide angle of gun control, because really, if you want to OFF yourself with your pistol, I have no problem with that.

Yes there are instances of people who not being in their right mind commit suicide and it is regrettable, but it's not a FIREARMS problem its a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE. So maybe your family member just came back from Afghanistan and now suffers from PTSD and depression, and stops taking their medication and you know they shouldn't have a firearm because of the suicide risk. Should you have the right to save them from themselves? Would you call the police and rat them out to save their life? Honestly, if I wanted to commit suicide, I wouldn't want anyone, including my own family, from having the right to take my guns away.

People who commit suicide should be allowed to do so, it shouldn't be illegal to commit suicide.

Is it stupid to commit suicide, yes.
Can we save people from themselves? That's nuts.
Can firearms laws solve this problem? Not only is this question ridiculous it's the definition of insanity.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of these people. "WHAT IF HE DID DO SOMETHING".
ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS!!!
WHAT IF ANY HUMAN ALIVE DID SOMETHING?
This is thought crime!

BTW I'm so tired of this whole anti suicide angle of gun control, because really, if you want to OFF yourself with your pistol, I have no problem with that.

Yes there are instances of people who not being in their right mind commit suicide and it is regrettable, but it's not a FIREARMS problem its a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE. So maybe your family member just came back from Afghanistan and now suffers from PTSD and depression, and stops taking their medication and you know they shouldn't have a firearm because of the suicide risk. Should you have the right to save them from themselves? Would you call the police and rat them out to save their life? Honestly, if I wanted to commit suicide, I wouldn't want anyone, including my own family, from having the right to take my guns away.

People who commit suicide should be allowed to do so, it shouldn't be illegal to commit suicide.

Is it stupid to commit suicide, yes.
Can we save people from themselves? That's nuts.
Can firearms laws solve this problem? Not only is this question ridiculous it's the definition of insanity.

This dude called the suicide line....

And how is this the ACA's fault to those who asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your life off Facebook, and if the Doc asks if you have guns tell them "No".

This guy got screwed, if he would have given them the ammo first and I was on the jury - not guilty.

Jesus that is depressing!
So.....who ratted the dude out about his alcoholism, which is simply a disease that can be treated? Just because one is an alcoholic does not mean that one is suicidal. As long as he is not handling the firearms while he is drinking and adheres to the ten commandments of firearms safety, I do not see any problem.

Back
Top Bottom