Recording shooting data

peterk123

NES Member
Are you guys using any type of an app to record data of your reloads? I recently picked up a chrono by Caldwell and I know they have an app that will record the info. I was wondering if anyone is using it or something similar; or if you just manually track the info. Thanks Pete

App?

I just write it down on my phone, the notepad thing. It's not exactly a huge amount of data.

Old school. I keep notes in a wire bound note book. Keep it in the box I bring my targets, ammo, stapler and crap. It's really helped a few times with the 'Ol "Now....what the heck was I loading these at for this particular gun ?" type of thing, plus I feel all official and stuff when I break out the pen and start writing down the temperature, wind, weather,light conditions and so forth at the start of a session. OAL/bullet combos for a particular pistol are a biggy. The Ruger Lightweight for example just doesn't care, it'll shoot stuff you pick up outta the trash. The Colt 5 inch on the other hand.....how far did I have to push those Blue 147's in so the thing would run?

i write any worthy info on the walls in my reloading room. i also will jot down notes in my manual.
For the most part I,have found accurate loads right in the manuals. i dont need a lot of notes. Once I find a load that works I tend to stay with it for a long time.

Created a spreadsheet template for writing in all load data including source, and then write in other pertinent data in the comments section while shooting. All in a 3-ring flexible binder with tabs for each caliber. I also use targets to note shooting conditions and will fill that info into load binder later if I don't have it with me.

Created a spreadsheet template for writing in all load data including source, and then write in other pertinent data in the comments section while shooting. All in a 3-ring flexible binder with tabs for each caliber. I also use targets to note shooting conditions and will fill that info into load binder later if I don't have it with me.
i use luggage tags also once I find a load for a rifle. I will jot down load info and no wind zero then clip it to a sling swivel. Or just write it on the rifle..

Back
Top Bottom