• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recording shooting data

peterk123

NES Member
Are you guys using any type of an app to record data of your reloads? I recently picked up a chrono by Caldwell and I know they have an app that will record the info. I was wondering if anyone is using it or something similar; or if you just manually track the info. Thanks Pete

App?

I just write it down on my phone, the notepad thing. It's not exactly a huge amount of data.

Old school. I keep notes in a wire bound note book. Keep it in the box I bring my targets, ammo, stapler and crap. It's really helped a few times with the 'Ol "Now....what the heck was I loading these at for this particular gun ?" type of thing, plus I feel all official and stuff when I break out the pen and start writing down the temperature, wind, weather,light conditions and so forth at the start of a session. OAL/bullet combos for a particular pistol are a biggy. The Ruger Lightweight for example just doesn't care, it'll shoot stuff you pick up outta the trash. The Colt 5 inch on the other hand.....how far did I have to push those Blue 147's in so the thing would run?

i write any worthy info on the walls in my reloading room. i also will jot down notes in my manual.
For the most part I,have found accurate loads right in the manuals. i dont need a lot of notes. Once I find a load that works I tend to stay with it for a long time.

Created a spreadsheet template for writing in all load data including source, and then write in other pertinent data in the comments section while shooting. All in a 3-ring flexible binder with tabs for each caliber. I also use targets to note shooting conditions and will fill that info into load binder later if I don't have it with me.

Created a spreadsheet template for writing in all load data including source, and then write in other pertinent data in the comments section while shooting. All in a 3-ring flexible binder with tabs for each caliber. I also use targets to note shooting conditions and will fill that info into load binder later if I don't have it with me.
i use luggage tags also once I find a load for a rifle. I will jot down load info and no wind zero then clip it to a sling swivel. Or just write it on the rifle..

Back
Top Bottom