• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations for private pheasant trip?

Hiltonizer

Banned
Myself and a few of friends have never hunted a day in our lives, but want to satisfy our shotguns cravings to shoot something other than clays.

We aren't really interested in going through the hunters course and obtaining licenses just yet, so we'd like to try one of those private places where they throw some pheasant out for ya, and a guide and a dog show you how it's done...

We may not be hunters, but we like to eat good and I'd personally like to try dressing something other than one of my old man's roosters.

Can anyone offer up suggestions on a good place to go for 3-4 of us to go pick off a stocked bird or 2? We're on the upper North Shore, but don't mind driving an hour or 3 into NH or Maine for a good time.

Thanks gents!

Che Ju Island, South Korea.

Best pheasant hunting on the planet. Hundreds of safflower fields bordered with volcanic rock walls, when the birds flush from the furrows, its usually 7-10 at a time with a good mix of cocks and hens. Cocks only can be shot otherwise you buy the hunting party a round of cognac per hen at the bar upon return.
Shot my daily limit of 16 birds in less than an hour and that was sharing every flush with four other guys.

As for around here, couldn't tell you, I've not bird hunted in the northeast in forty years.

Che Ju Island, South Korea.

Best pheasant hunting on the planet. Hundreds of safflower fields bordered with volcanic rock walls, when the birds flush from the furrows, its usually 7-10 at a time with a good mix of cocks and hens. Cocks only can be shot otherwise you buy the hunting party a round of cognac per hen at the bar upon return.
Shot my daily limit of 16 birds in less than an hour and that was sharing every flush with four other guys.

As for around here, couldn't tell you, I've not bird hunted in the northeast in forty years.

Great tip... we're according to the government men of ample means, but not that ample [wink]

Great tip... we're according to the government men of ample means, but not that ample [wink]

I hear ya....nor am I.

I was there for a training while stationed in Korea and the place also happened to be an R&R center for soldiers during Viet Nam, so there was plenty to do. I'd love to go back but as you say, "not that ample"[grin]

Back
Top Bottom