• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations for moving a safe

A friend of mine has an old safe he'd like to move from his old house to his new house. This thing is big and heavy. (Probably 1500lbs. +) Can anyone recommmend a good moving company that can handle the job? Safe is going from Danvers to Georgetown.

Thanks.

Chris

I used Borman Bros. in Pepperell to put mine in, a 5500# TRTL30x6. No way I was moving that by myself. I had them receive it on their dock and deliver it and put it where I wanted it. They did a good job and I think it only cost me something like $250 for the whole thing. Pretty painless and I would use them again.

I hope you tipped them well. When I get something that big and heavy moved, I usually offer each mover either a $20 dollar tip or a case of beer, whichever they each choose.

There are two Safe/Vault Movers in Salem,Ma. Check the book or yellowpages.com

I would call them before anyone. They do it for a living.

Exec-

Try DL Quinn Riggers in Middleton. Its a little past Daileys on River Street. He moves a lot of the equipement we fabricate at the shop I work at. He seems a bit crabby but he is really a nice guy. He can move anything!

Back
Top Bottom