• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

recommendations for CC

Kahr k9 in Rosen ARG at 4:00 or J-frame in belly band appendix carry. For deep concealment Seecamp 32 in pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you've already got a M&P 9 that you'll be carrying during colder months, go with a Shield of M&P9C to keep everything like sight picture and trigger pull the same?

- - - Updated - - -

tattoo72 IIRC is his name on here, i believe he does still make stuff.

I've pm'd him a couple times, no response.

Oh boy.......[popcorn]

This...lol, SO many different answers and carries. Find something that works for you.
Here's mine. The first gun I ever bought was a 1911 commander which is also currently my carry gun. It's single stack, so it's a bit slimmer than the double stack mag guns.
I carry it in a Crossbreed supertuck (IWB) at about 5-5:30. (I weigh about 241, 5 foot 9 if that matters to you)
Notes : This thing NEVER prints unless I bend at the waist straight down or something. I have worn this setup in shorts and a t-shirt many many times with no issues.
Lumbar support in a car will dig this right into my back. I always have to turn it off when I get in my car while carrying.
I'd love to try out a shield in a few different holsters, but haven't gotten one yet as most shops are out.

Need something I can carry with a shirt tucked in, I was thinking about a small 380. really want a year round carry option. I know in the winter I can carry my M&P 9 but I'd like something for year round 380 or up. maybe a shield not sure...... Thanks for the input so far.

J frame.......eventually everyone owns a j frame smith!

If you've already got a M&P 9 that you'll be carrying during colder months, go with a Shield of M&P9C to keep everything like sight picture and trigger pull the same?

- - - Updated - - -

I've pm'd him a couple times, no response.

took him a few days to get back to me, i asked about a P30 but he didn't have a blue gun to mold the kydex.

I would pick the highest caliber gun that you can shoot accurately, carry comfortably, and conceal properly. Even a .22 short is better than nothing (ask Abe Lincoln).

There are a lot of good pocket guns out there if you don't like IWB carry. Even a G26 can be carried in a pocket holster, although not as comfortably as a PM9 or a Seecamp. Just make sure that your pockets are deep enough to fit whatever you wish to carry if you choose to go that route.

I catch shit for this all the time from all you size queens, but I carry an East German Makarov (9x18mm) this time of year. Why would I carry an outdated, heavy Commie gun with a un-American magazine release and "puny" caliber? Because it's more reliable than any other semi auto handgun I've ever fired, I know I can make hits with it, and ammo is relatively inexpensive compared to all other popular pistol calibers. It's the most simple pistol ever designed, parts are cheap and interchangeable (meaning no fitting required besides the barrel), and you can completely disassemble it down to the last pin in a matter of minutes.

makarov_exploded.jpg

Conceals very nicely in a Don Hume IWB. Magazines are plentiful and fairly cheap (usually around $17 apiece)

makarov.jpg

In the colder months it's a 1911 or Glock 19 depending on what I'm doing.

tattoo72 IIRC is his name on here, i believe he does still make stuff.

I had one of his holsters for my FS M&P9....It was great, then I sold the gun(what an idiot)[angry] At the time, he said he was getting out of the business, but would entertain doing stuff for NES'ers. Good guy to deal with, and the product was top-notch.

I would pick the highest caliber gun that you can shoot accurately, carry comfortably, and conceal properly. Even a .22 short is better than nothing (ask Abe Lincoln).

There are a lot of good pocket guns out there if you don't like IWB carry. Even a G26 can be carried in a pocket holster, although not as comfortably as a PM9 or a Seecamp. Just make sure that your pockets are deep enough to fit whatever you wish to carry if you choose to go that route.

This sums it up nicely. It's impossible to give exact advice because what people like to shoot, how they like to carry, what they have or like to wear, and what their body shape is, vary so widely.

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel in Memphis, TN with a S&W 642 in a Mika Pocket Holster. That's what works for me at this moment. I have other options with me that I might use as my trip progresses, depending on the weather and what I'm wearing. Right now in Memphis it's 90+ with 90+ humidity, so I'm dressing light (for me).

Speaking of Memphis, this is not a city I'd come to if I wasn't carrying. As a friend said, it's a mean, mid river, city full of people who don't like each other and are always ready to prove that. There was a shoot out about a block from the hotel yesterday.

Need something I can carry with a shirt tucked in, I was thinking about a small 380. really want a year round carry option. I know in the winter I can carry my M&P 9 but I'd like something for year round 380 or up. maybe a shield not sure...... Thanks for the input so far.

Kahr pm 9 is the size of a lcp 380 and a very nice gun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom