• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendation for Labrador puppy to bird hunt

Hello, if anyone has any recommendations where I could get a Labrador puppy, I would appreciate it. I have had a great experience with an English, and would prefer that if possible. I would want to bird hunt and have a good family dog as well. Thanks for your insight! -Jason

This may not be what you are looking for but I love the coloring on him.

Buddy

Male Labrador Retriever Mix​

11 Months , 40 lbs.​

1611860005559.png

This is a good place to start:

Most breeders are overwhelmed with the demand for pups since the pandemic. I know of many that have a 2+ year waiting list.I would be glad to talk more about this. PM me if you like and we can set up a call.

Classifieds here are another good source: HuntingLabPedigree

In my experience, lab pups are wildly overpriced here in New England for what you get. When I got my latest pup 2 years ago I saved money by buying in NC and shipping.

I also would not even think about purchasing a lab without both parents OFA Excellent/Good Hips, Normal Elbows; clear for CNM and EIC. Unfortunately there is a lot of crap genetics in the lab world

This is a good place to start:

Most breeders are overwhelmed with the demand for pups since the pandemic. I know of many that have a 2+ year waiting list.I would be glad to talk more about this. PM me if you like and we can set up a call.
Good thing you left a link. Wouldn't want to mistype thst one in front of the kiddos.

Back
Top Bottom