Recommendation for a good place to buy running shoes?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone have a good recommendation for a place to buy some properly fitted running/crosstraining shoes? I need a pair badly and every pair IV ever bought hasn't lasted or fit me nearly as well as I would have hoped. Thanks in advance!

Enzo

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down, Sneakerama on Lake Ave in Worcester just across the Rt 9 bridge from Shrewsbury. They will want you to bring the sneakers you want to replace to see how they're wearing.
Sneakers for me used to be hit or miss because I have a wide foot and a high arch. I've been going to them for about 20 years and have never had a problem with break in periods or the back of the sneaker cutting my heal.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sneakerama and Marathon in Shrewsbury are fairly close to me... Not that I ever need convincing for a road trip north or west... Anyone ever have IT band issues helped by proper shoes?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
new balance outlet in Lawrence! just research online what you want for a footbed before going there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reebok outlet in Marlboro. They have a deal buy on pair and get 2nd pair half price. I picked up 2

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Marathon sports or heartbreak hill running co. You want to go to a place where theyll watch you run and look at your feet. The outlets can be great if you know what you're looking for... but if not...

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with other in regards to Marathon sports. Do a gait analysis, try on several pair, have the staff help you figure out if your neutral or need support.
I also can recommend PR Running in Westboro if you're in the area. Good little running shop.

If you're in New Hampshire the running store in downtown Portsmouth has a helpful staff as well.
In RI go to Rhode Runner, been going there for a few years now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

Bill Rodgers Running Center is good too. Once you dial in what works for you, it's cheaper to buy online, but if you want or need help with gait analysis or picking the right type of shoe, these guys are good.

Note that if you get into running, your gait may change, and the type of shoe you need changes. I vary from mild stability trainer to neutral lightweight performance shoe depending on how much I am running and what races I am doing.

As far as longevity goes, my running shoes are good for 300-500 miles, and typically look brand new when I am done with them. I can feel it in my knees when the shock absorption starts to fail. 300 is for lightweight performance shoes I would use for a marathon or similar abuse.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I second PR running in Westborough. It is in the plaza next to Staples behind Julios liquors. See Keith or Andrea, they know their stuff.

Afterwards you can stop at Julios and pick up some nice beverage and cigars. [grin]

Cuz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don't know where you are, but we have great luck at:
Rhode Runner
657 North Main St.
Providence RI 02904

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom