Recommend me some good glass for an AR/ 22 Takedown?

My eyesight sucks. The Nikon P223 3x32 scope is not working for me anymore. I need some good glass that I can switch from my AR to my .22 Takedown that gives me a better view. Suggestions for something sub $200?

Thanks!

My eyesight sucks. The Nikon P223 3x32 scope is not working for me anymore. I need some good glass that I can switch from my AR to my .22 Takedown that gives me a better view. Suggestions for something sub $200?

Thanks!
I can tell you in the sub $200 range the higher magnification does not help well with eye sight. Just a bigger blur of a target. Maybe get a Rx first one for shooting maybe?

I can tell you in the sub $200 range the higher magnification does not help well with eye sight. Just a bigger blur of a target. Maybe get a Rx first one for shooting maybe?
Interesting. I find I shoot better without the prescription glasses on. Tried with the progressives and it was worse. Switched to no glasses (yeah yeah) and it was better, but the 3-32 scope just isn't cutting it.....

Being that I'm an older very far sighted guy, I bought a couple of pair of shooting glasses with the bifocal on the top of the lens,Top Focal™ Assorted Interchangeable Kits I really like them I can see the target and with a slight downward movement can see my sights clearly, now I really can't blame my crappy shooting on my eyesight!

Interesting. I find I shoot better without the prescription glasses on. Tried with the progressives and it was worse. Switched to no glasses (yeah yeah) and it was better, but the 3-32 scope just isn't cutting it.....
right thats why I said a Rx for shooting.
Can you get the cross hairs in focus with/ with out your glasses on with the Ocular adjustment ? Are you trying to improve what you see down range ?

I would maybe go with the largest tube and Objective to get as much light as possible though to your eye
Buddy picked up one of these on sale at some online camera shop for a little less. I dont like the turrets. bit mushy but as long as you zero and forget should not be a problem. Its a bright clear scope until the upper magX level and it drops off quickly. I dont like the reticle
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-756...tment&qid=1554678742&s=hunting-fishing&sr=1-4

Last edited:
Yes. I'm crystal clear without glasses. The single 3x32 is the problem. I was thinking of 7x or 9x.
You will do well by the largest objective lens.
When I go from one of my 50mm to my 32mm its a noticeable change.
My eyes are not bad but they do fatigue quickly.
Also consider finding a scope with side focus adjustment.
I bought one of these and so far I like it. I found mine cheaper and bushnell had a 30% back deal.
https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Zone-22-Rimfire-Reticle-Riflescope/dp/B00ABP4KNM

leupold rimfire 4x28. it's absolutely incredible for $200. shits on most other rimfire optics. they make a matte black version i prefer over the gloss. the only thing you get with higher magnification is decreased FOV. for rimfire there's no point unless your'e doing some lame-o benchrest competition.

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-FX-I-Rimfire-4x28mm-Duplex/dp/B003NZ9QKO

Back
Top Bottom