Recommend me gun with a similar profile to the Sig P229 Compact

I have seen a video from a defense attorney who talked about this. IIRC, she had a client who had such a logo on their gun and it didn’t help their defense.

Concerning Ayoob, I took LFI-1 and LFI-2. What he said in those classes was that you need to be able to defend any modifications you make to a gun. Different sights are easily defended and a trigger job within reason was also defensible. A 1911 with a 2 lb trigger? Not so much.

When I too those classes he wasn't nearly as absolute on gun modifications as he has been characterized online.

When a new gun guy asks me what kind of home protection gun he should get I always recommend a double action revolver or a pump action shotgun.
But the modern bad guys are home invasion-ing in teams with SMGs lol. Your full sized 38 is at a disadvantage.

I have seen a video from a defense attorney who talked about this. IIRC, she had a client who had such a logo on their gun and it didn’t help their defense.

Concerning Ayoob, I took LFI-1 and LFI-2. What he said in those classes was that you need to be able to defend any modifications you make to a gun. Different sights are easily defended and a trigger job within reason was also defensible. A 1911 with a 2 lb trigger? Not so much.

When I too those classes he wasn't nearly as absolute on gun modifications as he has been characterized online.
Agreed that some things don’t help, like certain artwork on guns, we shoot on sight signs, social media posts proclaiming ones badassery, etc. But normal mods on a gun? That’s just pantshitting.

Agreed that some things don’t help, like certain artwork on guns, we shoot on sight signs, social media posts proclaiming ones badassery, etc. But normal mods on a gun? That’s just pantshitting.
I think there is some legal risk from "normal" mods. But I will take that risk. Hopefully I never learn just how big a risk that is.

My LTC class instructor man said never to modify a trigger weight on a gun you plan to use in defense cause the DA would bury you for being "trigger happy" to kill and a gun nut to want to lighten a factory designed safe trigger weight. Esp in a loony blue state court system. How much merit is there?
Merit? Basically BS.

Meh. A Glock is pretty much point and shoot. Reloading a revolver under stress is a likely to be a shit show if you haven't done a lot of practice.
If you need to reload you're in the wrong fight. If you can't get out of trouble with six rounds you need a rifle and a partner.
I've seen people hit the mag release instead of the slide release, I've seen them try to shove a mag in backwards, I've seen them try to load bullets in the mag backwards, and about ten other things.

I too like the fit of the 229 a lot. The 365xl seems great for carry but feels thin, cramped.

I'm in no way connected but the 229 elite just posted is better than the legion imo.

Go to a public range where you can rent a wall of pistols. There you should practice muzzle safety and keeping your finger indexed above and outside the trigger area. You will quickly realize which manufacturers grips fit your hands. Your shot groups will shrink as you learn trigger control and proper grip. After a few months you will know which gun you want to buy.

Back
Top Bottom