Recommend a good cellular game cam

The issue I had is the solar panels were useless, it you set them up to send the pictures instant or daily they die in days.. Allittle bit better if you do it weekly.

The other issue is they would all get infested with ants and bugs… You would think a $500 camera would be sealed enough to prevent intruders..

Then if you put them in a pile of the trees and you have to work on them all the time it’s a pain in the ass I usually just with stand on my jeep

My advice would be don’t buy ones that are the top of the line..
Buy the cheaper solar ones that way you can replace them at a lower expense

I went with Cuddeback, and I use a solar unit on the main camera and comms hub and on two others of the five networked cameras. The cool thing about Cuddeback is you can network 24 cameras to one cellular hub, that way you only pay 10 dollars per month.

The solar has been good for over a year, I bought the upgraded low light option since we get a lot of snow in western PA.

I send my mom out on the ATV to change the batteries and clean snow off the solar when needed, it gives her and the old beagle something to do lol.

I don’t lock them and I’ve never had an issue but this is private land.

I had few Bushnell cameras on a data plan, which I had cancelled many months ago. Yesterday, I received notice that my payment had been accepted. wtf.

I had few Bushnell cameras on a data plan, which I had cancelled many months ago. Yesterday, I received notice that my payment had been accepted. wtf.
I called and actually talked with a human, who was very helpful. My cameras came with one free month of the 14.99 plan. After that point, I changed plans to the cheaper one. First, everything got cancelled, then I got double billed. The guy I talked with took care of everything.

After a couple of my cameras seemed to go offline, I checked the cell signal at their location. I didn't bother placing cameras anywhere the signal strength wasn't at least -112 dBm. The signal strength at the dormant cameras had dropped down to about -120 dBm. Hmm.

hmm.png

How is/are Muddy Trail Cams?
If your talking non cellular, they are fantastic. I bought a 3 pack of the MTC 100 (I think) for $33 each, and they perform excellent. Great battery life, and good sensitivity. I'm considering buying another 3 because for 30 bucks I'm not afraid to hang them on the tree. For a place that I hunt and can check often, or easy in and out.

Some pics with the muddy cams below.

I have not used the Cellular ones......I've got Tactacams and so far am liking them and the software and setup and 5 dollar each camera data plan.

Attachments

• A80410DC-03C4-4318-9F04-63DFB1C33428.jpeg
    A80410DC-03C4-4318-9F04-63DFB1C33428.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 0804D909-AE7D-4CE4-8593-7C0B63E977F5.jpeg
    0804D909-AE7D-4CE4-8593-7C0B63E977F5.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 91BF93F9-2F34-4E5E-B8C4-FBCF78D5F394.jpeg
    91BF93F9-2F34-4E5E-B8C4-FBCF78D5F394.jpeg
    566.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 5A8C198E-1138-43E3-8DAF-C88FCBAAC39B.jpeg
    5A8C198E-1138-43E3-8DAF-C88FCBAAC39B.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just put up a few tactacams.

I started with spypoint cams, I've had 6 over the last 3 years and I'm down to two working ones.

I've just changed over to Tactacam, its only been a few days but the picture quality is a significant improvement. The app is a bit clunky but I'm getting used to it. We'll see about reliability.

Back
Top Bottom