1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

RECOIL EXCLUSIVE: gas piston Alien Pistol from Laugo Arms, the Full Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyp, Apr 15, 2019.

1. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

2. Noreaster

Noreaster NES Member

""About the only thing striker-like about it is that the tail of the hammer strut pokes out of the gun’s arse end when cocked, just like in a Springfield XD, Canik, or all the way back to the 1907 Roth Steyr. But it’s a hammer. This distinction is important, as the Alien is being marketed as a competition pistol, aimed squarely at the USPSA Production and Carry Optics divisions, and unfortunately, having a hammer means it’ll have a hard time meeting the division rules. But we digress, and we shall see.""

So not a striker fired gun, no safety and possibly no way to decock it. Plus the optic will not reciprocate with the slide, which is a problem for carry optics. Unless USPSA changes some rules, this seems like its an open pistol, oh but its 9mm, so open minor?

3. rcwhat

rcwhat

$5k? No thanks. That’s almost Barrett.50cal money

amm5061 and andrew1220 like this.
  4. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

$5k is waaay too much. And if this doesn’t get approved for production in USPSA, then it’s forced into limited or open. Who’s going to spend that kind of money when you can get STI limited gun for less.

It’s a very cool design but unless I’ve got just so much money I don’t know what to do with, I ain’t buying it.

amm5061 and Admin like this.
  5. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

6. rcwhat

rcwhat

Can’t do the super tactical one handed racking of the slide using the sights with this design. Also after watching the video it doesn’t look like it has any less recoil or muzzle flip than any other properly held full size 9mm pistol.

7. H-minus

H-minus NES Member

I want one. Hopefully a major manufacturer will buy them out and mass produce it for a more reasonable price.

andrew1220 likes this.