• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recent MA Glock prices?

Yeah the pricing has gotten a bit crazy on Glocks. Especially since they are considered a budget gun in free states. At he $850+ range you can get yourself a really nice new non-glock.

^^^^this^^^^

For the same price as the Glock, you can get a brand new Sig 226 or 229. And plenty of preban mags at less than 1/2 the price of Glock mags...

No ridicule meant.....and there are no haves and have nots.

The best things are learned in life by diving in and doing the research yourself. Theres nothing groundbreaking here.

It might require a few minutes in the classifieds or contacting a few people. Who's got time for that?

So which Glocks are people seeing in the $500 range? I picked up a Gen 5 G19 MOS just before stuff shut down. Right now, it is out of stock most places and the best price I've seen from dealers on the Internet was $599 w/o shipping. I ended up paying $645 shipped to my FFL from I dealer I wish to support.
Purdy Glock 26 in the Classifieds now for $550

So which Glocks are people seeing in the $500 range? I picked up a Gen 5 G19 MOS just before stuff shut down. Right now, it is out of stock most places and the best price I've seen from dealers on the Internet was $599 w/o shipping. I ended up paying $645 shipped to my FFL from I dealer I wish to support.

I was just checking on armslist, which is usually expensive, and there are many Glocks between 500-600. Even saw a brand new gen5 Glock 19.

I was thinking about getting a new Glock 40 and 29 to go with my very old but much loved 20... A first a saw Glocks on the EOPs list and thought I could just order one... then I learn about the AG saying that they are unsafe, even through most Police departments in the US use them... MA sucks!

It might require a few minutes in the classifieds or contacting a few people. Who's got time for that?

I still remember giving a few people tips around here about how to get a cheap G36 for example and I was mostly met with a bunch of laziness and excuses. One guy didn't want to drive out to western Mass I couldn't believe it... to save over 200 bucks. If people spent as much time looking and networking as they do whining they'd be able to get whatever they wanted, at a reasonable price. Schoolyard grade negotiation skills help, too. I suck at it and I once got a guy selling a gun for $1200 down to $900, because I was polite and rolled out the red carpet for the guy. Protip: armflapping/etc doesn't make the price go down.

-Mike

several years ago i bought a glock 26 out of missouri, a police trade in, for $230 just so i could take it into four seasons and show them i didn't have to spend $750 for a 25+ year old tired glock just like the 50 or so they had hanging on their glock wall of shame. it didn't entice carl to lower the glock prices but it sure felt good to me.

Those old gen 2 glocks are now collectable and worth more than new ones. Its crazy...

For the same price as the Glock, you can get a brand new Sig 226 or 229. And plenty of preban mags at less than 1/2 the price of Glock mags...

I like Sigs, but nothing says skinflint like buying a different gun than you want, even though the price is the same, because it’s better “value”.

This thread gives me a business idea. I’m sitting here in PA with a safe full of Glocks I hardly use, some are probably unfired. I drive them to my daughter in Boston and open up a Glock Shop and do FTF transfers on her LTC.

This thread gives me a business idea. I’m sitting here in PA with a safe full of Glocks I hardly use, some are probably unfired. I drive them to my daughter in Boston and open up a Glock Shop and do FTF transfers on her LTC.

Don't even say these things in jest my friend...I wouldn't be surprised if the SWAT team is on it's way to your current location ;-)

She'd only be able to do 4 eFA-10s

Trunk sale it is!

Where does that limit come from? Is it 4 per year or..?

Individuals are limited to 4 EFA10 transfers per year. Pro tip- the portal won't stop you from getting your you-know-what in the wringer by going over 4, so don't do it- it's a trap.

Individuals are limited to 4 EFA10 transfers per year. Pro tip- the portal won't stop you from getting your you-know-what in the wringer by going over 4, so don't do it- it's a trap.
I'm moving from NH back to MA in a few months, so I appreciate the tip. Thank you!

Is the transfer limit mentioned anywhere? Trap or not, I’d like to see this in writing. I have always thought it was 5 per calendar year, at least that’s what I have heard.

Is the transfer limit mentioned anywhere? Trap or not, I’d like to see this in writing. I have always thought it was 5 per calendar year, at least that’s what I have heard.

It's 4/yr (calendar year) under MGL, go look it up, this is old hat, MA gun law 101 stuff, we're not going to do your work for you. MGL says "over 4 per year makes one a handgun purveyor, which requires a license under S122 (dealers license) not those exact words but those are the mechanics.

-Mike

Try 5 and report back to us. I hear they have internet in jail. Pro tip- don't drop the soap- unless that's your thing. ;)

Kidding aside- yep, it's 4 and in the MGL.

I didn't bother going as far as the MGL because it's on page 34 of this PDF from CJIS.

I would not use that guide as a legal reference for anything, it has lots of nostrums in it that are not currently supported by actual law. Even that
section the 4/yr reference is in, has some fallacious shit in it.

"However, the reporting provisions apply to all transactions, whether or not the transfer is to a dealer or to a private party. Consequently, a transaction record must be filed anytime a weapon is transferred. "

Like if you examine S128A/B it's not abundantly clear to me that this is true. CJIS just wants it to be true because it makes life easier for
them. For example, as a matter of course, most dealers in MA don't fill out EFA10s when intaking guns, nor do any of them ask their customers to
do the same when selling them guns. There are a few dealers that use the CJIS drivel as guidance for their customers but don't force them to do
anything.

-Mike

MGL 140 128A

It suspends MGL 140 128 as long as you sell 4 or less. Otherwise MGL 140 128 comes into play with the following language "any person who, without being licensed as hereinbefore provided, sells, rents or leases a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, or is engaged in business as a gunsmith, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000, or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment."

The license in question being dealer license under section 122. So you can sell up to 4 per 128A if you are LTC/FID. If over 4 then punishable by $1000-$10000 or 1-10 years or both. That 5th sale could make you a prohibited person.

I always get a kick out of these threads reaming owners of (anything) who charge "Whatever the market will bear", pissed off cuz someone is making a $___ (fill in the blank) profit on a gun (or anything else, for that matter).
These same complainers will call their realtor the following day and will list their house for at a markup of anywhere between 100 to 1000 percent above what they bought or inherited their house for (or what grandma bought it for in 1939 and passed it along through generations.
We live in America, where you have the right to ask ANY PRICE FOR ANYTHING and you may sell it to ANY WILLING BUYER WHO IS WILLING TO PAY THE ASKING PRICE.

It's called living in a free-market capitalist society. The same people who get pissed off about (gun, or any "durable goods) asking prices have the inalienable right to just walk away and.. drumroll...not buy the item. Yet somehow its considered "scumbag" to sell a gun for whatever someone will pay for it, but the six-pack of Bud that cost Anheuser-Busch about thirty cents (or whatever) to make is a "good deal" at the neighborhood package store cuz they only want fourbucks for it!
But it's not a gun, it's BEER!!!! "Hey, Doods, it's...BEER!!!"... so who gives a rat's ass how much the producer, the wholesaler and the retailers are profiting from it, yes? no?...
I see this thread as more people laughing their balls off at the people paying the price on a glock than the people selling them at high prices. Because GLOCKS ARE NOT UNOBTANIUM IN MA! they are sold perfectly legally for normal prices every day. The price increase for private sale used Glocks is high because buyers are ignorant and sellers know it. Not the sellers fault though.

But hey..... NES absolutely needed another lesson on a free market complete with hypothetical examples......cuz it's been at least 2 whole days since someone posted one. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom