• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Received LTC-A in Newton, MA

1/?/13 - NRA Safety Course
1/29/13 - Submitted application, paper work, and fingerprints
2/13/13 - Interview with Lieutenant.
4/4/13 - LTC-A restricted to target and hunting.

It was a good experience. The lady doing the paperwork was nice and answered my questions. She said I would get my LTC sometime in early April and I did. The interview with the Lieutenant was maybe 10-15 minutes.

I called today and it was ready. I couldnt get out of work early so I asked if I could pick it up later on in the day. The lady left my license there and a couple of guys stayed at the station for a little longer for me to come and pick it up. I was in and out in under 5 minutes.

I have heard (and seen firsthand) that Newton will restrict first time applicants until they renew, and then may give you an unrestricted license if you ask for it upon renewal (e.g., six years later)

Not so much a good experience really.

I have heard (and seen firsthand) that Newton will restrict first time applicants until they renew, and then may give you an unrestricted license if you ask for it upon renewal (e.g., six years later)

Not so much a good experience really.

Yes, "good" is relative. I've read on NES about applicants getting the run-around. They were up front with me. Almost everything went smoothly. I didn't like that I had to take time off of work to submit my app, though.

The lady told me I may get my restritions removed if I write a letter. I was going to ask again today but I forgot.

Congrats...I guess. A restricted ltc is like getting a vasectomy, you have the equipment...but it won't do all it was intended to.

Thats great that your rulers let you buy a gun. Too bad they deem you unworthy to protect yourself......

Congrats on the gun license that doesn't let you carry a gun.

And to think it only cost you hundreds of dollars and many hours of your time that you can never get back.

Instead of waiting six years, try going back after a few months. My friend in Foxboro did that and surprisingly they sent him an unrestricted LTC two weeks later. If you do, be prepared to tell them about all the awesome practice and safety stuff you're doing.

Meanwhile, congratulations and go buy guns.

Instead of waiting six years, try going back after a few months. My friend in Foxboro did that and surprisingly they sent him an unrestricted LTC two weeks later. If you do, be prepared to tell them about all the awesome practice and safety stuff you're doing.

Meanwhile, congratulations and go buy guns.

Yes, I believe that is what the lady who did the paperwork told me to do. I will give her a call to get more information.

How long did it initially take for your friend to get his restricted LTC?

Yes, I believe that is what the lady who did the paperwork told me to do. I will give her a call to get more information.

How long did it initially take for your friend to get his restricted LTC?

Oh, five months or so. They lost his app and then couldn't interview him for a couple of months, then they were just so busy. All those rock concerts and football games take a lot out of you and really don't provide the funding you need to run a PD.

Thats great that your rulers let you buy a gun. Too bad they deem you unworthy to protect yourself......

Let's say you're a member of a club with a 24/7 indoor range...you're out running errands at night, a LEO pulls you over. he finds out you're carrying concealed, looks at the license, sees you're restricted. Can you say you're on you way to/from the range? it may not pass the smell test, but would it allow you to circumvent the restriction with minimal risk? or is that just asking for trouble?

Let's say you're a member of a club with a 24/7 indoor range...you're out running errands at night, a LEO pulls you over. he finds out you're carrying concealed, looks at the license, sees you're restricted. Can you say you're on you way to/from the range? it may not pass the smell test, but would it allow you to circumvent the restriction with minimal risk? or is that just asking for trouble?

Nah, you can't even carry on the way to the range, as I read the rules.

On the plus side, once stuff starts happening what license you have is going to be a moot point.

From the point of avoiding the never (or hardly ever) applied penalty of carrying outside restriction - possibly.

From the point of avoiding LTC revocation - nope. Just remember the issuing authority is judge, jury and executioner.

If your restrictions were for hunting/target shooting, I thought an A let you carry concealed during those activities and the B was basically never carrying concealed, always locked in the trunk?

As everything in Massachusetts gun laws, it is ambiguous. The way the law is written, you're probably right. However since it isn't clearly defined I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig to find out.

I've been pulled over by Staties on my way to my 24/7 range ccwing with a ltc restricted. Just one experience but still have my license. Not saying this is something you should do; just my own experience.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom