• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Received an email from Ruger regarding the LCRx in .22lr

Thank you for your support of Ruger products and for taking the time to email us. We are currently completing the requisite testing and paperwork to get the LCRx in 22 LR available in Massachusetts. As a native of Mass I take particular pride in being able to offer as many of our products there as possible. Please continue to check the MA Approved Firearms Roster regularly as they tend to update monthly. Best of luck and happy shooting.

Graham Rockwell

Product Manager

Ruger Customer Service
Hopefully we see them soon, I've been looking for a decently priced kit gun.

Mike

Last edited:
Cool! Now when will they start making a 9mm version?

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

Screw that. I'm still waiting for an LC9 in 38spl. ;)

(I know, I know, there is a marginal power difference and you can reload from a moon clip quickly. It just still strikes me funny.)

it's ruger's own fault that a barrel length makes them decide a gun is no longer "MA approved". other manufacturers just specify model type. ruger insists on listing every little detail like color and grips, so when they change the grips from wood to plastic oh dear God it's no longer "MA approved" whatever the hell that means. they add half inch of barrel length and again it's not approved! stupid.

Screw that. I'm still waiting for an LC9 in 38spl. ;)

(I know, I know, there is a marginal power difference and you can reload from a moon clip quickly. It just still strikes me funny.)
For me it's neither of those things. I have 9mm carry guns and I'm set up for reloading. I'd rather not add such a similarly powered but larger cased round.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

Put the new Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips or the pretty Hogue G10 grips and you have a really nice plinker.

Some Ruger engineer stated years ago the issue with the LCRx with 3" barrels in calibers greater than .38 special was that the polymer housing couldn't take the recoil failed after a few hundred rounds. I had been wondering why it was taking them so long to come out with a 22lr version in that barrel length because of it making for a excellent light weight trail/plinking revolver.

Back
Top Bottom