Received a notice from the State of MA urging me to begin the LTC renewal process now

Yes, it MAY. Mine expires in May and I just got the renewal letter today, however I went to the police department last week to make my appointment. I figure at least a month and a half wait to get appointment with PD then another 3+ months to get license.

Mine expires in July. I called my PD and talked to the licensing guy. He said I should make an appt. for April. Said he was down to a six week turnaround time...don't know if it's true. But I'll be picking up the ap;ication this week and making sure it is filled out correctly. I'll leave the date blank....

My wife got one sometime during the fall. She went in to the police and took care of it. Her license expired the end of December, still hasn't show up.

Yes, it MAY. Mine expires in May and I just got the renewal letter today, however I went to the police department last week to make my appointment. I figure at least a month and a half wait to get appointment with PD then another 3+ months to get license.

We need a friggin' appointment for this crap? Unbelievable.

Not for me, took about 45 days. But what is the downside of doing it earlier?

We've been wondering about this very thing.
Wife and I will be doing our first renewal this year.
Hers expires in March, mine in June.
Should we both be getting the ball rolling already?
Sounds like she should be, at the very least.
Neither of us has received any sort of notice.

Barry

OP, if the state is hinting you should reapply, then you should take the hint.

Five months is not unusual. Mine told me three months, and then they were a month late getting it to me. So.

Received the notice in early November, scheduling an appointment was a breeze and had it the last week of Nov. Called the hotline two weeks ago and renewal was still with the state. Nothing yet.

To bad MA could not stream line the process.
Renewal by mail or online. ?
Eliminate the middle man.

Received the notice in early November, scheduling an appointment was a breeze and had it the last week of Nov. Called the hotline two weeks ago and renewal was still with the state. Nothing yet.
When you say with the state, do you mean getting reviews and printed or that the initial check hasn’t been sent back to your local PD for them to file? Had my appt. on 12/9 and called about two weeks ago and they said it was still with local PD for review. I’m assuming they are wating for the initial SP check to come back before approving and submitting for final approval and printing.

My last renewal took close to 6 months, but it was all on the town.
Short handed was the excuse I got.
Submitted middle of April, expired in July, got it at the end of August/ Beginning of September.

I got my renewal notice yesterday also.

Six months AFTER it expired and three months AFTER I had my new license in hand.

State efficiency at its finest!

For a town that doesn't dick you around for an appointment or sit on the app before submitting to the state it takes about 5 weeks. Anything longer is your town dilly dallying

My last renewal took almost 5 months, due to PD inertia.

NR LTCs can easily take up to 6 months and are only good for 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom