• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Received a notice from the State of MA urging me to begin the LTC renewal process now

My last renewal was a horror show, I have had a LTC since 1970. I moved to this city in 1994 so it's not my first renewal, though they made me take the Self defense course over again on my 1st renewal. This time I jumped thru all the hoops and waited and waited and waited . My LTC expires in late Oct. in Jan. I called the PD after a couple of days someone called me back and said that my renewal was started but the officer that started it wasn't the licensing officer anymore and no one had finished it. ( Show my surprised face) That I should come to the PD as soon as possible. Next day I went and they started the whole process over again , prints, picture from my DL and the application( now mind you I'm licensed in Maine, N.h., Utah and Pennsylvania) 4 weeks later I get a call that my new LTC was in the mail and that hey were sorry for the delay, 6. months for a damned renewal. I have to renew again at the end of this year, and I'm wondering how this is all going to go this go round.++++ I forgot to mention that they had cashed my check and it was the only way I could even get the ball rolling for their screw up.

Last edited:
My PD said said 6 months prior to exp date is the earliest you can renew.
I did my renewal in early feb this year. Still waiting. State website says they are working on feb renewals and such now.​

Back
Top Bottom