RECALL ON WINCHESTER® M*22™ 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION

Screenshot_2014_01_29_20_52_29.png
http://www.winchester.com/library/news/Pages/s22lrt-recall.aspx

Thought everyone should know. Saw this today, sorry if it's old news.

I've never even seen this particular ammo before.

Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges

Is there even room inside the case for a full double charge without the powder spilling over ???

I bought a 500 round box of this ammo a month ago, some real crap IMHO, the rounds would almost fold while being chambered in my SR22 & 10/22, I put more in the FTF can than down range, ended up using them in my sons SP101 and they shot ok.

Tim

I bought a 1000 round box a month ago at Walmart.
Looks like I've got to dig it out and check the Lot #...

Thanks ROOGAH77, good looking out.

~Matt

The undersize WLR primers that fall out or fit loose should also be recalled.

Check if you have any unplated WLR primers. The ones I have measure .2095" and fit loose in primer pockets.

I bought a 500 round box of this ammo a month ago, some real crap IMHO, the rounds would almost fold while being chambered in my SR22 & 10/22, I put more in the FTF can than down range, ended up using them in my sons SP101 and they shot ok.

Tim

I've had just the opposite experience. The stuff runs flawless through all my .22s.
I bought the ammo can with 2k rounds from Dicks a while ago. I like it, and would buy it again without reserve.

I guess there's an upside to not being able to find 22lr lately, don't have to worry about that [thinking]

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I've had just the opposite experience. The stuff runs flawless through all my .22s.
I bought the ammo can with 2k rounds from Dicks a while ago. I like it, and would buy it again without reserve.

I,m thinking quality control kinda hit the skids recently with the spike in demand and the production increase, If I see it again I'll give it another try.

Tim

I actually just finished a 500rd box on Sunday. Glad my SR22 didn't explode. The ammo is super dirty though and the cartridges are stamped "super x". Probably just put in tacticool looking box for retail value.

Where do you find the lot number on the 1000 round box?

My 1000 rd box is actually a box that holds 2 500 rd boxes in a sleeve.
Open the big box, pull out the smaller boxes and check the flaps.

The undersize WLR primers that fall out or fit loose should also be recalled.

Check if you have any unplated WLR primers. The ones I have measure .2095" and fit loose in primer pockets.

Rimfire, no?

I bought a 1000 round box a month ago at Walmart.
Looks like I've got to dig it out and check the Lot #...

Thanks ROOGAH77, good looking out.

~Matt

Mine's good. Good looking .22lr too.
~Matt

I bought a shit ton of this stuff before the last big ammo freak out. I'm scared to go look at the lot numbers. Been shooting CCI and haven't gotten in to this stuff yet.

I got my 1,000 rnd packs from walmart for $30.

The stuff has run fine through my 10/22, walther p22, sr-22 and bolt action.

Will go check lot numbers after Impractical Jokers is over.

Thanks, I'll have to go look. I have a crap load of this stuff. Sucks because I like it

EDT: Our stuff is good[grin]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom