• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rebuilding a used pistol - M&P9

So I picked up a used M&P and have come to the conclusion that I should rebuild it.

Heavy trigger work, grip tape, sights and polished internal surfaces make me think it was used for IDPA/USPSA type competitions and the round count is unknown. That's not a big deal until I read up about the older guns components vs newer - the striker has changed, the mag release, etc. have been worked and evolved to newer components.

I'd like to carry the gun and I'm thinking a new Apex trigger kit and some other parts like the striker assembly (which can fail due to large amounts of dry firing), recoil spring, etc. to bring it back to near OEM performance.

Anyone here done anything similar, not just with an M&P but any pistol.

Haven't rebuilt an M&P but it's a piece of cake to replace parts in this gun... Just did an Apex kit for mine took me abt 30mins cause I also cleaned everything I took out. Replaced the sear spring, sear & trigger spring.

Back
Top Bottom