• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Really...North Carolina?

This statute has no bearing on carrying in a posted establishment.

§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) This section shall not apply to any of the following:

(5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25. This subdivision shall not be construed to permit a person to carry a handgun on any premises where the person in legal possession or control of the premises has posted a conspicuous notice prohibiting the carrying of a concealed handgun on the premises in accordance with G.S. 14-415.11(c). (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4; c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 2013-369, s. 3.)

There is no punishment for carrying into a posted private property, only refusal to leave the posted premises will get you arrested for breach of peace or disturbing the solitude of said moonbat property.

You should reread that.

Also read this from: http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

A person carrying a concealed handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit or is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. § 14-
415.25. Note, however, this allowance does not allow a person to carry a handgun on any premises where the person in legal possession or control has posted a notice prohibiting the carrying of a firearm on the premises, nor does it allow the
permittee to consume alcohol while carrying a handgun.

And read also from: http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/19be6294-bfbf-4875-bbef-ac2ebb6f47b2/Concealed-Weapon-Reciprocity.aspx

For example, in North Carolina, concealed handguns may not be carried:

• In any place where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed (such as some restaurants) if the premises are posted as prohibited;
  • In any place of business that has posted a sign banning concealed weapons on its premises;

[wink]

I know this is not in the Northeast, but a few days ago I went by King Neptune at Wrightsville Beach.

After seeing this sign in their window:

View attachment 108670

Yes, but I put this sign up in Massachusetts, so as to keep balance in the universe.

Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

You don't really think all gun-grabbing came from MA residents alone, do you? Hopefully my sarcastometer is just off tonight.

[laugh] No, certainly not. But what I can say for sure is in the past 15 or so years I've known 19 families who have moved to NC, a whole lot of others who own vacation property that intend on retiring there, and a goodly amount of folks who don't own property but vacation there yearly and NC is on their top five list of places to retire.

Of all those who have already moved there two are skeet shooters and three others hunt and all they've ever cared about is their bolt guns, shotguns, and revolvers(none own anything semi-auto). The rest are rabidly anti-gun, some of which donate time and money to the cause(and as embarrassing as it is to admit, some are family). What I was getting at is that the probable majority of Ma. residents leaving are anti and they're just bringing their politics with them. While former Ma. residents may not be the entire problem, they're certainly contributing to the change of the voting demographic in whichever pro-gun area they end up in. And for some reason NC seems to have the drawing power when it comes to retirement, I never hear about folks wanting to retire to Ga., SC., Tn., Ky., Al. when going south.

Then again when I took off for a long weekend some time ago in NC it was a polar opposite to the progressive mentality of today. They still had Klan parades in town and were extremely gun friendly to the point of letting me handle any firearms I wanted.

Saw a bunch of no gun signs at restaurants/bars in AZ two weeks ago. Not sure if it's binding.

And the signs are legally binding in NC. That would be the first sign I've seen in NC, but I frequent the western side of the state, which is less moonbatty (exception is Asheville).

Correct when they changed the gun laws last year (to get rid of a lot restrictions the previous democratic administration put in place) they added the requirement that a place a business could post such a sign and it would be legally binding. You can now CCW in state parks and in restaurants or bars that serve liquor. But you are still not allow CCW at a riot. I have always found this strange and wondered if it was a 60s legacy.

Also no mag or gun restrictions. It is a Shall Issue state, and they honor all other states CCW permits, so my Mass is good there,

Back
Top Bottom