Really...North Carolina?

When i lived down there i recall seeing such signs at various establishments.
its honestly a non-issue....mostly a political statement like a peace sign or a red heart....nobody cares and they do whatever is lawful.

in chapel hill and asheville the hippies post no gun signs and i think its their little secret handshake to each other.

many bars will have such signs because if theres some dipshit who gets drunk and plays w a gun, the establishment can at least claim they posted something.

its all very mushy.

I grew up in North Carolina, and I now live in Massachusetts. In terms of where you can carry once you have the permit, Massachusetts is much more permissive. When I go visit my parents, the number of businesses that are posted is astounding. I'd have to leave my gun in my car half the time. They do live in a liberal pocket of NC, though.

I never thought there would be anything I'd prefer about MA gun laws to NC when I moved up here, but binding signage would suck.

NC has a reputation for not being particularly gun friendly, despite being in the south. I think it was only a year or so ago, they repealed the law that allowed the Governor to order gun confiscation during times of emergency. I remember from a few years ago people who went to the NRA Annual Meetings down there saying that there were a lot of restrictions on where you could carry. I think that included the venue where the show and meetings took place.

That's why NC is not on my list of potential move to states. I'd rather go to eastern TN if it came to that.

NC has a reputation for not being particularly gun friendly, despite being in the south. I think it was only a year or so ago, they repealed the law that allowed the Governor to order gun confiscation during times of emergency. I remember from a few years ago people who went to the NRA Annual Meetings down there saying that there were a lot of restrictions on where you could carry. I think that included the venue where the show and meetings took place.

That's why NC is not on my list of potential move to states. I'd rather go to eastern TN if it came to that.

The R's dominated the POTUS elections in NC and most senate races but the Donkeys have controlled the governor office for a long time and the legislature since the 1850's. The R's took both in '10 and passed some good bills including guns. They also were able to correct the districts. Because d's controlled t he legislature, the draw districts to keep a d majority in the congressional delegation and state house. The r's picked up 3 or 4 congressional seats in '12 because the districts were not gerrymandered by d's for the first time in 150 years.

NC is continue to get better gun laws, as they will dominate this election again.

I grew up in North Carolina, and I now live in Massachusetts. In terms of where you can carry once you have the permit, Massachusetts is much more permissive. When I go visit my parents, the number of businesses that are posted is astounding. I'd have to leave my gun in my car half the time. They do live in a liberal pocket of NC, though.

I never thought there would be anything I'd prefer about MA gun laws to NC when I moved up here, but binding signage would suck.

That should be included in the next MA gun law revision.

NC gun laws are not restrictive at all, give me a break. Its not VT or Alaska, but were OC anytime and all the time. Get your permit to carry and you don't have to worry about the purchase permits. Outside of city limits, shoot at will on your property. We're in the country and have a blast.
The law states that a business can only refuse you from carrying into their establishment if a gunbuster sign is CONSPICUOUSLY posted. As stated previously, their property and they are free to do as they want. My money and it will be spent where I want to spend it. NC even passed a current law allowing carry in bars as long as food is served. Its nice to sit at a restaurant on the beach sucking oysters and a few beers while strapping a 1911, its when the shots start I put the gun away. [smile]

Liberalism is a pestilence, once loosed it gets harder to combat. We can thank all the former M@ssholes for spreading it to wherever they move.

You should thank the educational system throughout the country as well for planting the seeds and the media for keeping them watered and fertilized. It has a hell of a lot more effect on society than a relatively tiny amount of MA transplants.

Binding signage laws are fairly common down south. Even Texas has a binding signage law.[shocked]

TX and TN have binding signage. AL, LA, MS don't. Outside of the bigger cities in TX, I've never seen binding signage. Even the Waffle House restaurants, which are supposed to be anti gun don't have 30:06 signs in their stores. TX is odd when it comes to concealed carry. Their CCW requirements are more stringent than MA. Up until last year, you had to take a 15 hour class for every renewal and requalify. I think that's down to 8 hours now. TX was also one of the last states to allow CCW and there is no open carry of hand guns. Since Rick Perry has become Governor and the legislature has been Republican dominated, it's gotten better, but there is still a lot to be done.

BTW, TN, AL, and MS recognize every other states permits. They are very gun friendly states.

We lose perspective on these things pretty quickly, but until the latter part of the 20th century, much of the south was very gun un-friendly.

Gun control has always been about the control part. In the south, that meant passing and enforcing laws to keep black people disarmed. But, you know that.

TX and TN have binding signage. AL, LA, MS don't. Outside of the bigger cities in TX, I've never seen binding signage. Even the Waffle House restaurants, which are supposed to be anti gun don't have 30:06 signs in their stores. TX is odd when it comes to concealed carry. Their CCW requirements are more stringent than MA. Up until last year, you had to take a 15 hour class for every renewal and requalify. I think that's down to 8 hours now. TX was also one of the last states to allow CCW and there is no open carry of hand guns. Since Rick Perry has become Governor and the legislature has been Republican dominated, it's gotten better, but there is still a lot to be done.

BTW, TN, AL, and MS recognize every other states permits. They are very gun friendly states.

The next gov will be the current AG. He is much gun friendly than even Perry. Perry has been there too long, he did not push for enough.

The Governor in Texas is a very weak office. Perry did sort of what Obama did. He used executive orders to extend recognition to a lot of states that don't have reciprocity with Texas. MA is one of them, which is why I can carry when I'm in TX without getting a NR permit.

The next gov will be the current AG. He is much gun friendly than even Perry. Perry has been there too long, he did not push for enough.

Liberalism is a pestilence, once loosed it gets harder to combat. We can thank all the former M@ssholes for spreading it to wherever they move.

You don't really think all gun-grabbing came from MA residents alone, do you? Hopefully my sarcastometer is just off tonight.

You don't really think all gun-grabbing came from MA residents alone, do you? Hopefully my sarcastometer is just off tonight.

Yeah. Its all MA. There are no liberals in california, new york, dc, new jersey, connecticutt. Not to mention all bastions of liberal shithole colleges that spread it all along the eastern seaboard.

Its just us m*******s fault.

I was just in the charlotte area for a week. Extremely gun friendly. Yeah binding signage sucks. Id probably pick SC to move to more because of the taxes.

But visiting a few gun shops there, the people are very friendly and theyve got plenty of supressors and nfa stuff behind the counter. Unlike a lot of shops up here i could not find one with a grumpy GFY attitude. Extremely nice and went out of their way to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I support their right to free speech and to right to use their private property however they deem to be best.

I choose to vote with my dollars and support establishments that are not hostile to my liberties and freedoms.

If more people did the same as well as extend that logic to the states they choose to live in then liberal piss holes like Mass would collapse under the weight of their own filth
This would imply there are more conservatives than progressives in massachusetts. Which we know isn't true. A boycott against a store in this state by gun owners is pointless. Unless it's a gun store.

As stated previously, their property and they are free to do as they want.
True, but should "What do they want" include making lawful peaceful conduct criminal?

For example, should a high end restaurant have the authority to post a sign making entry without a dinner jacket and tie a criminal offense?

True, but should "What do they want" include making lawful peaceful conduct criminal?

For example, should a high end restaurant have the authority to post a sign making entry without a dinner jacket and tie a criminal offense?
In NC, entry into a place that has a gunbuster sign is not an illegal activity. The illegal part is when your refusal to leave the establishment when asked. However, it is against the law to enter the schools, courthouses and municipal buildings, as in most states.

In NC, entry into a place that has a gunbuster sign is not an illegal activity. The illegal part is when your refusal to leave the establishment when asked. However, it is against the law to enter the schools, courthouses and municipal buildings, as in most states.

It's a class 1 misdemeanor actually for just carrying in an establishment with a sign posted. As stated, signs in NC are legally binding per NC statute 14-269.3.

It's a class 1 misdemeanor actually for just carrying in an establishment with a sign posted. As stated, signs in NC are legally binding per NC statute 14-269.3.
This statute has no bearing on carrying in a posted establishment.

§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) This section shall not apply to any of the following:

(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269.

(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment.

(3) A person participating in the event, if the person is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event.

(4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event.

(5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25. This subdivision shall not be construed to permit a person to carry a handgun on any premises where the person in legal possession or control of the premises has posted a conspicuous notice prohibiting the carrying of a concealed handgun on the premises in accordance with G.S. 14-415.11(c). (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4; c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 2013-369, s. 3.)

But it does with this statute:
§ 14-415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.
(a) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law. The person shall carry the permit together with valid identification whenever the person is carrying a concealed handgun, shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun when approached or addressed by the officer, and shall display both the permit and the proper identification upon the request of a law enforcement officer. In addition to these requirements, a military permittee whose permit has expired during deployment may carry a concealed handgun during the 90 days following the end of deployment and before the permit is renewed provided the permittee also displays proof of deployment to any law enforcement officer.

(b) The sheriff shall issue a permit to carry a concealed handgun to a person who qualifies for a permit under G.S. 14-415.12. The permit shall be valid throughout the State for a period of five years from the date of issuance.

(c) Except as provided in G.S. 14-415.27, a permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:

(1) Areas prohibited by G.S. 14-269.2, 14-269.3, and 14-277.2.

(2) Areas prohibited by G.S. 14-269.4, except as allowed under G.S. 14-269.4(6).

(3) In an area prohibited by rule adopted under G.S. 120-32.1.

(4) In any area prohibited by 18 U.S.C. § 922 or any other federal law.

(5) In a law enforcement or correctional facility.

(6) In a building housing only State or federal offices.

(7) In an office of the State or federal government that is not located in a building exclusively occupied by the State or federal government.

(8) On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.

(c1) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun on the grounds or waters of a park within the State Parks System as defined in G.S. 113-44.9.

(c2) It shall be unlawful for a person, with or without a permit, to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in the person's body any alcohol or in the person's blood a controlled substance previously consumed, but a person does not violate this condition if a controlled substance in the person's blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts or if the person is on the person's own property.

(c3) As provided in G.S. 14-269.4(5), it shall be lawful for a person to carry any firearm openly, or to carry a concealed handgun with a concealed carry permit, at any State-owned rest area, at any State-owned rest stop along the highways, and at any State-owned hunting and fishing reservation.

(d) A person who is issued a permit shall notify the sheriff who issued the permit of any change in the person's permanent address within 30 days after the change of address. If a permit is lost or destroyed, the person to whom the permit was issued shall notify the sheriff who issued the permit of the loss or destruction of the permit. A person may obtain a duplicate permit by submitting to the sheriff a notarized statement that the permit was lost or destroyed and paying the required duplicate permit fee. (1995, c. 398, s. 1; c. 507, s. 22.1(c); c. 509, s. 135.3(e); 1997, c. 238, s. 6; 2000-140, s. 103; 2000-191, s. 5; 2005-232, s. 3; 2011-268, s. 14.)

There is no punishment for carrying into a posted private property, only refusal to leave the posted premises will get you arrested for breach of peace or disturbing the solitude of said moonbat property.

Back
Top Bottom