Reagan Warned US!

Ronny was the last truly patriotic president. Did he make all the right decisions? Name me someone who has. Did he love his country and want to lead and protect his people? Yeah, I feel he did!

The first Pres I ever voted for and in my mind the best I ever voted for.

there is one phrase Reagan said that always stuck with me. Don't know why. The origins are Russian

"Trust but verify"

I think of this whenever I question anything someone says.

Theres been no other President with his true character since.

The first Pres I ever voted for and in my mind the best I ever voted for.

there is one phrase Reagan said that always stuck with me. Don't know why. The origins are Russian

"Trust but verify"

I think of this whenever I question anything someone says.

Theres been no other President with his true character since.

This^

Good phrase.

I've also heard it as "Trust everyone, but brand your cattle" [laugh]

Another presidential saying that's holds reverence with me is TR's "Walk softly, but carry a big stick"

A man who said a lot of nice things, but when the rubber met the road he grew government along with the rest of them, not to mention his atrocious positions on firearms. Heck, even Ford and Carter managed to grow govt. spending at a slower rate than Reagan.

A man who said a lot of nice things, but when the rubber met the road he grew government along with the rest of them, not to mention his atrocious positions on firearms. Heck, even Ford and Carter managed to grow govt. spending at a slower rate than Reagan.

Yep, and lets not forget the hughes amendment. Ron signed it.

Listen to this Shit Show

[video=youtube_share;a6Mx2UcSEvQ]http://youtu.be/a6Mx2UcSEvQ[/video]

No one man - even the President - can reverse the growth of government. It's been growing since day 1.

The distinct difference is Reagan intentionally used spending as a tool to win the Cold War...a far more important goal. While you might not like it, that's exactly what needed to be done for the United States at the time.

One nitpick about what you wrote: Growing government is not equivalent to growing government spending. One metric for growth of government is the size of the federal register. By that accounting, Reagan grew government at a much lower rate than any other modern President.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Ronald_Reagan_Government_Reform.htm

Only a dictator can get everything he wants. While Reagan wasn't everything to everyone, he was far better for small-government philosophy than any president since Coolidge.

If one man could control every measure of government he wouldn't be called president, he'd be called King. As much as we like to think a president can and will change all things wrong in government; that's simply not the case. Checks and balances (well, there used to be checks and balances in the US government) make it difficult for one man to make laws...that is until we got Obama, Muslim King of All Amerika and Hero to the Free Shit Army

I'd rather have Reagan in charge than the Kenyan we have now in the White Mosque but you guys have your own opinions

Checks and balances (well, there used to be checks and balances in the US government) make it difficult for one man to make laws...that is until we got Obama, Muslim King of All Amerika and Hero to the Free Shit Army

I'd rather have Reagan in charge than the Kenyan we have now in the White Mosque but you guys have your own opinions

agreed

imagejpeg

If one man could control every measure of government he wouldn't be called president, he'd be called King. As much as we like to think a president can and will change all things wrong in government; that's simply not the case. Checks and balances (well, there used to be checks and balances in the US government) make it difficult for one man to make laws...that is until we got Obama, Muslim King of All Amerika and Hero to the Free Shit Army

FDR essentially made himself king, and every president since has overstepped the constitutional bounds on executive power.

FDR essentially made himself king, and every president since has overstepped the constitutional bounds on executive power.

True. A major difference IMHO between FDR and Reagan was Reagan tried to lead a nation and knew he wasn't going to please everyone, FDR created the FSA (Free Shit Army) and hence created a much different nation of takers.

BTW, let's not forget Woodrow Wilson and all the damage he caused to America

True. A major difference IMHO between FDR and Reagan was Reagan tried to lead a nation and knew he wasn't going to please everyone, FDR created the FSA (Free Shit Army) and hence created a much different nation of takers.

BTW, let's not forget Woodrow Wilson and all the damage he caused to America
I hate Wilson too. I've got plenty of dislike to go around. It's just as far as executive overreach goes I think fdr and Lincoln lead the pack

It's sad to say but I don't think we'll ever see another true America loving, God fearing president in this country again.

It's sad to say but I don't think we'll ever see another true America loving, God fearing president in this country again.

I'd be happy with one who spoke the Truth...

+1 Reagan had the respect of the world, the current president is a doormat.

You mean the Congress grew government. Reagan slowed the growth of government more than any president in modern history. Even then the Congress was loaded up with spend happy pork dealers who almost all hated Reagan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You mean the Congress grew government. Reagan slowed the growth of government more than any president in modern history. Even then the Congress was loaded up with spend happy pork dealers who almost all hated Reagan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Presidents as well as their former life as a street level politician capitalize on peoples problems. Basic human want and gain over others at others expense. Exploitation of the weak to make the few very strong, in order to have a weak supply of numbers, destroy the economy of scale, the middle and make servants of the many to serve the few. I am your god, I am your government, now bow or die!!

Back
Top Bottom