• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ready or not, REAL ID is coming

I wish I could tell them to get f***ed, but this state has racketeering down to a science. I had to get it to renew my CDL, and I need my CDL to keep my job. At least my work pays for all of my licenses.
My understanding is, due to 'poor compliance', the date has been pushed out to May 2025. Don't know if this impacts CDL. I'm in for 'poor compliance' with any government 'mandates'.

I'm with a few others here, I've never used my license to travel, when I fly-- even domestically, I bring my passport, carry it in the breast pocket of my blazer and it's easier to access than taking out my wallet and digging for my license. I also have TSA pre approval so i don't have to take that jacket off.

No Real I.D. for me... unless I can buy a fake one. 🤔

No one gives a sh^t about a real ID,because soon they will be shoving a Elon Musk chip up our ass.

I've said this before, you don't need a license to drive, you only need a license when you get pulled over.
That is unless you're an illegal immigrant, they don't even get arrested for unlicensed operation anymore.
Last week a cop stopped a van full of Brazilians, zero out of five had a license, so they call for a tow.
I towed the van back to the address on the registration and delivered it to the owner, I asked for a license to show who I was releasing the van to, he didn't have a license either.

Fukc 'em all. Three goddam weeks of MA horseshit just to renew an ordinary drivers license. Had to prove I've been a legal US citizen for the past 70 f***ing years to a sanctuary state that is handing out drivers licenses to undocumented foreign combatants like f***ing Tootsie Rolls at a parade. Can't imagine the clusterf*** involved for getting a Real ID so that I can maybe someday endure the degrading humiliation of flying on a goddam airplane from the Logan Shitshow to someplace I could easily drive to without all the Gestapo bullshit.

Received a letter yesterday that my Real ID Drivers License is up for renewal next month. So in 5 years since I have had it the program is still on fully active.

I saw that I could renew on line, so just did it. Process took about 5 minute. Should receive it in the mail 7/10 days, and conformation email received.

im not debating the Pros / Cons of Real ID, but the renewal process was pretty darn easy. Not what we are used too when dealing with the RMV.

Received a letter yesterday that my Real ID Drivers License is up for renewal next month. So in 5 years since I have had it the program is still on fully active.

I saw that I could renew on line, so just did it. Process took about 5 minute. Should receive it in the mail 7/10 days, and conformation email received.

im not debating the Pros / Cons of Real ID, but the renewal process was pretty darn easy. Not what we are used too when dealing with the RMV.
Isn't the first renewal okay by email and then the next you have to go in for an updated photo and eye test?

Isn't the first renewal okay by email and then the next you have to go in for an updated photo and eye test?
That is the way it's supposed to be for regular license as well. But I've renewed my last 2 or 3 times online, my picture is very old now. Wife has done the last 2 renewals online as well. neither are real ID's, but in the past they had done every other in person.

No big deal, only used to check baggage if I have it. I spent the money to get Clear, Global Entry and TSA Pre. Makes it easier to travel, plus they already have all your information.
I've had global entry for about 7 years now. Makes flying a bit easier. I'm training to be a "globalist" ha ha. Actually I have not been out of the country for 4 years now but just renewed the global entry cause I already had that one. It's the only ID that I ever use at the airport. It's real enough I guess. ;-)

I can’t say that I understand why you folks have your panties in a twist over this.

More .gov licensing to apparently keep us safe while at the same time the .gov has the southern border wide open welcoming terrorists and illegal aliens?

Then in an ironic twist of fate, blue sanctuary states giving illegals drivers licenses or ID's so they can vote in local elections so those states can then have more reps in congress to pass more stupid restrictive laws against its citizens.

Justa guess though :)

Don't want the gov to know your whereabouts, get a plane! One can buy a plane with cash and register it under a fake name. You can also fly all over us without identifying yourself. Heck, most airports do not even have a control tower that can watch and record comings and goings.
Cars, on the other hand, can be tracked by road cameras. License plates can always be traced to the owner. Disappearing with a car is virtually impossible.

More .gov licensing to apparently keep us safe while at the same time the .gov has the southern border wide open welcoming terrorists and illegal aliens?

Then in an ironic twist of fate, blue sanctuary states giving illegals drivers licenses or ID's so they can vote in local elections so those states can then have more reps in congress to pass more stupid restrictive laws against its citizens.

Justa guess though :)
And yet most of you folks probably think that requiring IDs to vote is a good thing. So you want IDs but you don't want the government to actually make the IDs harder to fake.

This reminds me of teenage opposition -- if Mom and Dad are in favor of something, then your average teen doesn't like that thing, just because.

FYI..I went to AAA to get my so called real ID.I brought the three proofs of identifications my birth certificate, proof of residence and my "laminated social security card" because it was laminated it was rejected. I was pretty upset after spending time applying for a birth certificate . I ended up just getting a regular renewed license. After going through all the BS i found out later after the fact that your FID card is just as good as a SS card.[rolleyes]

And yet most of you folks probably think that requiring IDs to vote is a good thing. So you want IDs but you don't want the government to actually make the IDs harder to fake.

This reminds me of teenage opposition -- if Mom and Dad are in favor of something, then your average teen doesn't like that thing, just because.

No, that's not what I said at all.

Think harder :)

Back
Top Bottom