• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reading's "Presidents Match"

PatMcD

NES Member
What's the program with this? Is it a 30-rd Presidents Match or just a regular 50-rd NMC and why called the Pres Match?

Hampden's pits and safety berm are being rebuilt, so no matches there for a few months. Scarborough doesn't really host anything XTC until after Aug. 1st. We'll be scrambling around trying to get some shooting in.

Hampden's pits and safety berm are being rebuilt, so no matches there for a few months. Scarborough doesn't really host anything XTC until after Aug. 1st. We'll be scrambling around trying to get some shooting in.

You'll like the new 600 yard line at Reading. Just hope the sod takes in time.

Started work on the pits in Hampden today, great progress was made. The road to the pits is fixed and the old pit wall has been dismantled. Concrete work should start Wednesday. We should be putting things back together first of next week. We have a work day on Saturday May 11, so hopefully many hands make light work.
Anyway, I hope to get down to Reading with Pat and company this Sunday.
Dave Dow

It is amazing what dirt costs...the new 600 line is real nice. I think the "Presidents" match comes from the days when there were mostly "club" matches held at Reading, only a few have survived from the old days. I believe it was held in honor of the club president. Somebody suggested that we had to "let him win"....heck no.

Back
Top Bottom