• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reading swatting PT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first thoughts through my mind when MA passed the one year required minimum sentence for illegal possession of a firearm, was that all politicians should have a buner gun tossed in their car and ratted out. Then the minimum required sentence went the way of plea bargaining and disappeared down the hell hole of MA judicial history.

That's what happened in 1910 in NYC after the Sullivan Act was passed. Political rivals, usually Italians, were targeted by the powerful Irish politicians who ran the city.
An unlicensed handgun would be slipped into their overcoat pocket by a paid-off coat-check girl. They would be ratted out to the cops, arrested and jailed for a felony gun charge. The Italians finally wised up and sewed the pockets in their overcoats shut to prevent this from happening.

I would think It’s in some ADA’s hands right now. If it makes it to Woburn District I believe I can see it online. If it’s just dropped by the ADA I don’t know if I can see that.
Nothing has shown up in masscourts for this incident. My guess is that the police filed an application for criminal complaint, and they will schedule a clerk magistrate's hearing sometime in September.
Here is what I think she could be charged with:
269/13A - CRIME REPORT, FALSE c269 §13A (Effective 10/1/82)
on [DATE OF OFFENSE:] did intentionally and knowingly make or cause to be made a false report of a crime to police officers, in violation of G.L. c.269, §13A. (PENALTY: jail or house of correction not more than 1 year; or not less than $100, not more than $500; or both.)

Lastly, the woman seems to have mental health issues. When police arrived she originally denied mentioning a gun, then reversed and doubled down, claiming they were in the trunk. I can't imagine even the Karenest person claiming there are guns when it's almost guaranteed to be proven false.

She'll get a CWOF and will be ordered to seek mental health counseling.

Talking to police in the first place and search of vehicle are the two jump out to me.

All I was saying is, how would the police have reacted if the suspect just gives the minimum requirements? Otherwise I agree with all you said about holding the accuser accountable.

Talking to police in the first place and search of vehicle are the two jump out to me.

All I was saying is, how would the police have reacted if the suspect just gives the minimum requirements? Otherwise I agree with all you said about holding the accuser accountable.
The dude said the LT told him “he could tell him to pound sand“ regarding the search. He made it clear it was up to him. At the same time she was doubling down on the gun.

I don't think anyone is faulting the police here. They had a reasoned response, and didn't seem to overreact. But once the investigation points back to a false accuser, said false accuser shouldn't get to walk away unscathed.
My post was a joke based on prior comments. My bad for not emojing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom